Miley Cyrus: How I'm Celebrating My 18th Birthday
- Photo: G Tres/Splash News1 of 6
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin/WireImage.com3 of 6
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: IRA/ZOJ/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Miley Cyrus doesn't turn 18 for two more weeks, but the singer already knows what her big birthday wish will be.
"[My family and I] need time to all be together," the singer tells MTV News days after her parents, Tish and Billy Ray Cyrus, filed for divorce after 17 years of marriage.
The star, who is set to perform Sunday at the MTV Europe Music Awards, plans to have a low-key celebration for her special day on Nov. 23.
"I'm not going to go crazy; [just] have a fun party and then maybe take a vacation with my family ... because that would be really cool," Cyrus tells MTV. "So that would be rad if we could all go to the beach or something ... I have to be near the water and I love doing scuba and going out and being on a boat."
Cyrus' parents announced their split Oct. 27 after Billy Ray, 49, filed a divorce complaint citing "irreconcilable differences." Sources tell Us Weekly the "Achy Breaky Heart" crooner filed papers after learning his wife, 43, had an affair with rocker Bret Michaels.
"As you can imagine, this is a very difficult time for our family," the Cyruses told Us in a joint statement at the time papers were filed. "We are trying to work through some personal matters. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers."
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite