Miley Talks Nashville, Her Bad-Girl Image and More in Prestige
- Photo: Prestige via CeleBitchy.com/Promotional1 of 16
- Photo: JMA/Splash News2 of 16
- Photo: WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital4 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: VPC/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Silvia Izquierdo/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: @mileycyrus/Twitter8 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: GVK/MATEI H/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: GVK/MATEI H/Bauer-Griffin11 of 16
- Photo: GCA/ZOJ/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com13 of 16
- Photo: Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' Season 3 Re-CaffeinatMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 11:55:47 AM
- 'Duck Dynasty' Christmas Special Hauls in 8.9 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 11:45:15 AM
- Golden Globes and SAG Shutouts: 6 Actors That Shouldn't Give Up Hope YetMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 11:30:05 AM
- Country star Ray Price leaves hospital for hospiceMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 11:23:11 AM
- CBS's 'Survivor' Renewed for Two More EditionsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 11:08:54 AM
- Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' Season 3 Re-Caffeinat
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Miley Cyrus takes every opportunity to jet back to her native Tennessee, Tenn., because life in Los Angeles makes her "sad."
The teenage singer and actress, who was born in Nashville, prefers the slow pace of the South and insists she's no California girl - because people "take life for granted" there.
She tells Prestige magazine, "I'm not a big fan of L.A., I've got to be honest. I like being able to work here, but any chance to go back home, I love it.
"People really take life for granted in California. It makes me sad sometimes. So I have to give myself that reality check every once in a while and go back home. Everyone [in L.A.] is so busy and everyone is trying to be better than the other person, and everyone has got so much going on. Nashville life is just so laid back and people enjoy every second of life that they have."
Miley also used her Prestige spot to discuss the image she's given by the media.
"The press seems to think that I'm trying to make this big turn and become a bad girl, and really I'm trying to be more connected with the Earth," she says. "[Either] I'm a great role model or I'm completely inappropriate for anyone under 13 and I am controversial ... There was this magazine article the other day, showing all the younger celebrities. I was the 'girl next door' or whatever, and I fell under the category of 'good girl gone bad.' And I was like, 'What the hell, man?'"
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBabies of 2013
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite