Miley Talks Nashville, Her Bad-Girl Image and More in Prestige
- Photo: Prestige via CeleBitchy.com/Promotional1 of 16
- Photo: JMA/Splash News2 of 16
- Photo: WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital4 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: VPC/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Silvia Izquierdo/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: @mileycyrus/Twitter8 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: GVK/MATEI H/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: GVK/MATEI H/Bauer-Griffin11 of 16
- Photo: GCA/ZOJ/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com13 of 16
- Photo: Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Miley Cyrus takes every opportunity to jet back to her native Tennessee, Tenn., because life in Los Angeles makes her "sad."
The teenage singer and actress, who was born in Nashville, prefers the slow pace of the South and insists she's no California girl - because people "take life for granted" there.
She tells Prestige magazine, "I'm not a big fan of L.A., I've got to be honest. I like being able to work here, but any chance to go back home, I love it.
"People really take life for granted in California. It makes me sad sometimes. So I have to give myself that reality check every once in a while and go back home. Everyone [in L.A.] is so busy and everyone is trying to be better than the other person, and everyone has got so much going on. Nashville life is just so laid back and people enjoy every second of life that they have."
Miley also used her Prestige spot to discuss the image she's given by the media.
"The press seems to think that I'm trying to make this big turn and become a bad girl, and really I'm trying to be more connected with the Earth," she says. "[Either] I'm a great role model or I'm completely inappropriate for anyone under 13 and I am controversial ... There was this magazine article the other day, showing all the younger celebrities. I was the 'girl next door' or whatever, and I fell under the category of 'good girl gone bad.' And I was like, 'What the hell, man?'"
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Lynda Carter talks about the old vs. the new "Wonder Woman" costume.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite