Miley Talks Nashville, Her Bad-Girl Image and More in Prestige
- Photo: Prestige via CeleBitchy.com/Promotional1 of 16
- Photo: JMA/Splash News2 of 16
- Photo: WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital4 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: VPC/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Silvia Izquierdo/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: @mileycyrus/Twitter8 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: GVK/MATEI H/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: GVK/MATEI H/Bauer-Griffin11 of 16
- Photo: GCA/ZOJ/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com13 of 16
- Photo: Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
By firstname.lastname@example.org (WENN Newsdesk)
Miley Cyrus takes every opportunity to jet back to her native Tennessee, Tenn., because life in Los Angeles makes her "sad."
The teenage singer and actress, who was born in Nashville, prefers the slow pace of the South and insists she's no California girl - because people "take life for granted" there.
She tells Prestige magazine, "I'm not a big fan of L.A., I've got to be honest. I like being able to work here, but any chance to go back home, I love it.
"People really take life for granted in California. It makes me sad sometimes. So I have to give myself that reality check every once in a while and go back home. Everyone [in L.A.] is so busy and everyone is trying to be better than the other person, and everyone has got so much going on. Nashville life is just so laid back and people enjoy every second of life that they have."
Miley also used her Prestige spot to discuss the image she's given by the media.
"The press seems to think that I'm trying to make this big turn and become a bad girl, and really I'm trying to be more connected with the Earth," she says. "[Either] I'm a great role model or I'm completely inappropriate for anyone under 13 and I am controversial ... There was this magazine article the other day, showing all the younger celebrities. I was the 'girl next door' or whatever, and I fell under the category of 'good girl gone bad.' And I was like, 'What the hell, man?'"
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite