Miley Talks Nashville, Her Bad-Girl Image and More in Prestige
- Photo: Prestige via CeleBitchy.com/Promotional1 of 16
- Photo: JMA/Splash News2 of 16
- Photo: WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital4 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: VPC/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Silvia Izquierdo/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: @mileycyrus/Twitter8 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: GVK/MATEI H/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: GVK/MATEI H/Bauer-Griffin11 of 16
- Photo: GCA/ZOJ/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com13 of 16
- Photo: Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Miley Cyrus takes every opportunity to jet back to her native Tennessee, Tenn., because life in Los Angeles makes her "sad."
The teenage singer and actress, who was born in Nashville, prefers the slow pace of the South and insists she's no California girl - because people "take life for granted" there.
She tells Prestige magazine, "I'm not a big fan of L.A., I've got to be honest. I like being able to work here, but any chance to go back home, I love it.
"People really take life for granted in California. It makes me sad sometimes. So I have to give myself that reality check every once in a while and go back home. Everyone [in L.A.] is so busy and everyone is trying to be better than the other person, and everyone has got so much going on. Nashville life is just so laid back and people enjoy every second of life that they have."
Miley also used her Prestige spot to discuss the image she's given by the media.
"The press seems to think that I'm trying to make this big turn and become a bad girl, and really I'm trying to be more connected with the Earth," she says. "[Either] I'm a great role model or I'm completely inappropriate for anyone under 13 and I am controversial ... There was this magazine article the other day, showing all the younger celebrities. I was the 'girl next door' or whatever, and I fell under the category of 'good girl gone bad.' And I was like, 'What the hell, man?'"
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite