Mischa Barton's The Beautiful Life Canceled After Just Two Episodes
- Photo: Dziekan/Retna Digital1 of 10
- Photo: Martin Roe/Retna Digital2 of 10
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 10
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: James Peltekian/Camera Press/Retna Digital6 of 10
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Pacific Coast News8 of 10
- Photo: Splash News9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Mischa Barton's return to the small screen has been cut short.
The CW network announced plans to halt production on fashion drama "The Beautiful Life" Friday after just two episodes. After garnering just 1.1 million viewers for its second and final episode, Variety reports the Wednesday night timeslot will be filled by reruns of the network's "Melrose Place" reboot, featuring Ashlee Simpson-Wentz.
Loosely based on executive producer Ashton Kutcher's days as a model, "Life" featured Barton, 23, as a supermodel and veteran of the high-fashion circuit who is struggling to keep on top and is danger of slipping. Corbin Bleu and Elle MacPherson also starred.
The series has faced an uphill battle from its inception.
In July, production on the New York City-based series was postponed after Barton was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles for psychiatric evaluation. The actress, who rose to fame as the rebellious Marissa Cooper on The O.C., later denied claims she had a mental breakdown, instead claiming her stay was a result of a "terrible" wisdom tooth surgery."
More on Usmagazine.com:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSad News
From Crowd Ignite