- Photo: Wonderwall1 of 9
- Photo: JLJ/ZOJ/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: DT2/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: ./Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: Tammie Arroyo/Retna Ltd.6 of 9
- Photo: Universal/Promotional7 of 9
- Photo: Universal Pictures8 of 9
More Celeb News
- ESPN Suspends Stephen A. Smith Over Domestic Violence RemarksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:59:00 PM
- FCC Takes Aim at Time Warner Cable in Dodgers DisputeMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:50:00 PM
- CW's Arrow Finds Its Wildcat in J.R. RamirezMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:40:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Loses $15.4 Million in Its Latest QuarterMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:12:00 PM
- FXX's 'The League' Gets Season 6 Premiere DateMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:59:00 PM
- ESPN Suspends Stephen A. Smith Over Domestic Violence Remarks
By Gena Oppenheim and Heather Newgen
Whoa! What happened to Molly Ringwald's famous red locks? On Dec. 8, the "Sixteen Candles" star debuted short blond hair on the red carpet. Luckily, Wonderwall was there to get the scoop on her drastic transformation!
RELATED: Where are they now: 'Pretty in Pink'
"I just needed a change," Molly said, while attending the Santa's Secret Workshop event benefiting L.A. Family Housing in Los Angeles.
The "Breakfast Club" actress didn't chop off all of her hair at once, though. "I did it in stages," she explained. "I cut it into a bob. Then I cut it into a shorter bob and then shorter, then blonder."
The real question is: Will Molly stay a blonde forever? Not likely. "It's probably going to go back redder," she added.
And don't count on the star to go even shorter when it comes down to her locks. "I think this is as short as it's going to get. Then I'm going to start growing it out again," she said.
RELATED: Celeb moms over 40
Even with such a radical new 'do, Molly can't escape the gingery stamp she's left on her fans. "I still get recognized, and the funny thing is that even though I'm blond, people still tend to think I'm red," she joked. "It's strawberry blond."
What do you think of Molly's new look? We love it!
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite