Mother Denies Brittany Murphy Did Drugs
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: DH1/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN5 of 7
- Photo: BMA/JTT/WENN6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&aposMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:24:00 PM
- 8 Things That Will and 2 Things That (Probably) Won't Happen on Big Bang Theory Season 8MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:19:00 PM
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New YorkMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Crosses $250 Million at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:05:00 PM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&apos
Brittany Murphy's mother Sharon and husband Simon Monjack are speaking out about what they believe caused their loved one's death.
Sharon Murphy tells People.com that she and Monjack think the late actress' death stemmed from a congenital heart murmur. They say that Bittany was diagnosed with the condition in her teens and had received sufficient medical care for it since.
RELATED: Brittany's life in pictures
"We had it checked out every which way you could imagine," Monjack says.
Murphy's mother says her daughter's “bubbly” personality might have fueled rumors of drug use, which she calls untrue. "She never even drank. Maybe a glass of champagne at New Years," Sharon tells the site. "But everyone used to say she was wasted, she was this, she was that. It was hard for anyone to imagine that somebody was so high on life."
RELATED: Remembering the stars we lost
Murphy's mother and Monjack also say the late actress didn't suffer from mental illness or battle an eating disorder. "Do you not think anybody would have picked up on this anorexic, mentally deranged person?" Monjack says. "It's ludicrous."
An in-depth interview with Sharon Murphy and Simon Monjack appears in this week's People magazine, on stands Jan. 22.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBeautiful Family
From Crowd Ignite