- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News2 of 8
- Photo: Diane Bondareff/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Ltd.4 of 8
- Photo: Donald Traill/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- YouTube's Most Popular Rappers Are White and Nerdy - and Bigger Than Bieber, PSYMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:00:39 PM
- 'The East' Filmmakers Go From Dumpster-Diving to Sundance Darlings ... and Get a TMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 3:43:13 PM
- WME Signs Departing Fox Exec Mike Darnell (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:11:54 PM
- Cannes: Critics All Over the Map on James Gray's 'Immigrant' but Love MarMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:10:59 PM
- Blake Shelton heads home to Oklahoma to stage benefit gigMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:02:40 PM
- YouTube's Most Popular Rappers Are White and Nerdy - and Bigger Than Bieber, PSY
By Kat Giantis, reporting by Mary S. Park
Naomi Watts has perfected that casually chic New York style that so many women aspire to. She's had to. With a busy big-screen career and two kids under the age of three (sons Sasha and Kai with longtime love Liev Schreiber), she doesn't have time for fashion that isn't also functional. That might be why the Australian actress is drawn to the streamlined designs of Calvin Klein, whose runway collection she checked out during New York Fashion Week. We caught up with Watts at the show, and she revealed how real life impacts her wardrobe (think comfy shoes and purses big enough to hold her mommy gear), her admiration for the au naturel look, and how she's keeping her sartorial edge with a little help from a second-skin rock star staple.
WONDERWALL: What do you think of the gray hair trend that Kate Moss and now [Calvin Klein runway model Kristen McMenamy] are sporting?
NW: I loved it. She looked absolutely phenomenal. I just think it looked good and, you know, I'm probably not far off that myself. I mean, she's younger than me I'm sure! But I just loved it. I thought it really suited her and the clothing and power to her. You know? I think anyone who chooses to be natural, I'm always very impressed by them.
WW: Calvin Klein has racy underwear campaigns. Who's hotter, Kellan Lutz or Mark Wahlberg?
NW: They all look pretty racy.
Later, Naomi fielded questions from reporters ...
What do you love about Calvin Klein?
NW: I do wear a lot of his clothes. I like the simplicity, they always feel modern but there's a classical feel to them. For me, they always feel wearable.
What did you think of the high shoes on the runway?
NW: I couldn't wear those. Definitely not. I have trouble in any heel. Let alone, they must have been a foot high, although I could use an extra foot. There's always a good modern edge. And for me, somebody's who's small and [has] small features, narrow shoulders, I can't wear fussy, over the top clothing, but I still want an edge. I still want to have something going on and he's able to do that: make the clothes wearable and there's always something very modern about them.
What is your favorite handbag. I see your gorgeous clutch. Do you carry them every day?
NW: No, definitely not. I have gigantic handbags. They have to be kind of utilitarian.
What are your favorite shoes?
NW: Around New York, especially in the winter, I've got an old pair of boots that I've been wearing for 5 years that I spend a lot of time walking 10, 15 blocks, dropping my kids, doing my school run.
What was your most recent fashion splurge?
NW: A pair of leather pants.
What has been your most awkward photo shoot?
NW: You know photo shoots are never completely comfortable ... It's not my area of expertise or an actor's area of expertise. I prefer to move around in front of a motion camera, not a still camera ... I always feel a bit frozen. I have to say, my brother's a photographer, [and] when I work with him, he's one of the few people who truly relaxes me, makes me forget that I'm front of a camera.
See more Fashion Week coverage on Wonderwall:
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite