Natalie Portman: 'I'm Trying To Protect My Future Child'
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin1 of 9
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin2 of 9
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com5 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com6 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com7 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'MatrMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:40:28 PM
- Eleanor Parker, 'Sound of Music' Actress, Dead at 91MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:30:05 PM
- Jake Gyllenhaal on 'Prisoners' and Why Good Cops Have Criminal MindsMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:20:41 PM
- Bette Midler Set to Star, Executive Produce HBO's Mae West BiopicMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:11:28 PM
- 'Murphy Brown' Cast to Reunite on 'Katie'MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 3:59:28 PM
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'Matr
With all of the excitement surrounding Natalie Portman -- from her Oscar nomination to her pregnancy and engagement -- the "Black Swan" actress is doing her best to keep a level head.
"I'm just trying to be calm!" Portman, 29, told UsMagazine.com at the Director's Guild Awards in Hollywood on Saturday night. The Michael Kors-clad Portman walked the red carpet with her "Black Swan" director, Darren Aronofsky.
While he was nominated for most Outstanding Directorial Achievement, Aronofsky couldn't help but gush over Portman's maternal skills. "She'll be an amazing mom. Amazing. She's very organized, she's very considerate, she'll be amazing," he said.
Although Portman revealed that she and fiance Benjamin Millepied haven't decided on where they'll raise their child, she is sure of one thing. "[It'll be] as positive and as clean an environment as I can find," she said.
Until the baby arrives, Portman is taking things one step at a time. "There's so much going on, I'll just try not to trip at any point!" she said while teetering in black platform Aldo heels. "I'm trying to protect my future child."
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite