Nervous Emily Blunt 'laughed hysterically' in Obama's face
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: © Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: DZILLA/Bauer-Griffin3 of 16
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin4 of 16
- Photo: GSI/StarTraks5 of 16
- Photo: LCG/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Wolf/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Carlo Allegri/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
British actress Emily Blunt can't help but cringe whenever she recalls her recent meeting with President Barack Obama - because she lost control of her nerves and began laughing "hysterically" in his face.
RELATED: Style Profile: Emily Blunt
Blunt was attending the Kennedy Center Honors in Washington, D.C. in December to help pay tribute to her "The Devil Wears Prada" co-star Meryl Streep when she was offered the opportunity to greet the President.
RELATED: Stars attend the 2012 Academy Awards
But the meeting didn't quite go as smoothly as she'd planned when Obama lavished praise on Blunt for her screen work - and it all proved a little too much for her to handle.
RELATED: Is Natalie Portman secretly married?
She recalls, "I'm from England so I didn't think I would be as excited as I apparently was ]to meet Obama], so I was like, he won't know who I am, he'll shake my hand and say, 'Hi, nice to meet you', move on.
I went to shake his hand and he turned to me, and he put his hand on top of mine and he went, 'I love you. I love what you do, I've seen all of your work.' And I started to laugh hysterically in his face and I didn't say anything except I think I said, 'I appreciate that' or 'I appreciate you' or just something really awful and I couldn't stop laughing!"
Her bizarre reaction prompted event officials to cut short the meeting and guide her away - and Blunt admits it was a complete disaster.
She says, "I don't know what happened, I've never fallen to pieces like that in front of anyone... So I got gently removed. I remember feeling a kinda firm grip on my arm as I was ushered away. And Michelle [Obama]) gave me a hug, I think out of pity, because I was such a mess!"
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite