New York deli bosses apologize to Forest Whitaker over shoplifting drama
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: WENN2 of 12
- Photo: Adrianna M Barazza/WENN3 of 12
- Photo: WireImage4 of 12
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: RD/Bishop/Retna Digital7 of 12
- Photo: Andrew Shawaf/Pacific Coast News8 of 12
- Photo: GettyImages.com9 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP10 of 12
- Photo: Promotional11 of 12
More Celeb News
- World Cup Star Tim Howard Returns to NBC Sports as Premier League AnalystMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 9:28:00 AM
- Ron Livingston Cast in AMC's 'We Hate Paul Revere' PilotMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 9:02:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Bachelorette' Finale and 'Final Rose' Lead ABC to MondMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 8:45:00 AM
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York CityMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:07:00 AM
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Pedro Almodovar Condemn Israel for Gaza AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:04:00 AM
- World Cup Star Tim Howard Returns to NBC Sports as Premier League Analyst
The owners of a New York delicatessen where actor Forest Whitaker was accused of shoplifting last week have apologized to the star for the actions of a "misguided" employee.
RELATED: Best TMI tweets
The Oscar winner was publicly searched and manhandled at the Milano Market in Manhattan after a store worker suspected Whitaker of stealing an item.
RELATED: Trouble with the law 2012
A representative for the deli tells TMZ, "The management of Milano Market deeply regrets the wrongful actions of our employee in stopping and frisking Forest Whitaker."
But the rep insists reports suggesting the employee's actions were racially motivated are wrong, adding, "While we can not delve into the employee's mindset, we do not believe that he was racially motivated in his actions, simply misguided."
The store owners are hoping to appease Whitaker by offering a donation to the charity of his choice.
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite