New York deli bosses apologize to Forest Whitaker over shoplifting drama
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: WENN2 of 12
- Photo: Adrianna M Barazza/WENN3 of 12
- Photo: WireImage4 of 12
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: RD/Bishop/Retna Digital7 of 12
- Photo: Andrew Shawaf/Pacific Coast News8 of 12
- Photo: GettyImages.com9 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP10 of 12
- Photo: Promotional11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Bonnie & Clyde' Writers Talk Turning Facts Into Drama: We're &amMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:04 AM
- LA Film Critics: Lupita Nyong'o Named Best Supporting ActressMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:20:58 AM
- Keanu Reeves' '47 Ronin' Debuts at No. 3 at Japanese Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:11:57 AM
- 'Dude, You're Screwed' Peek: How a Speedo Becomes Handy in the Arctic (ExMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 10:00:27 AM
- 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Box-Office Opening is Coen Brothers' Best EverMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 9:01:30 AM
- 'Bonnie & Clyde' Writers Talk Turning Facts Into Drama: We're &am
The owners of a New York delicatessen where actor Forest Whitaker was accused of shoplifting last week have apologized to the star for the actions of a "misguided" employee.
RELATED: Best TMI tweets
The Oscar winner was publicly searched and manhandled at the Milano Market in Manhattan after a store worker suspected Whitaker of stealing an item.
RELATED: Trouble with the law 2012
A representative for the deli tells TMZ, "The management of Milano Market deeply regrets the wrongful actions of our employee in stopping and frisking Forest Whitaker."
But the rep insists reports suggesting the employee's actions were racially motivated are wrong, adding, "While we can not delve into the employee's mindset, we do not believe that he was racially motivated in his actions, simply misguided."
The store owners are hoping to appease Whitaker by offering a donation to the charity of his choice.
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite