New York deli bosses apologize to Forest Whitaker over shoplifting drama
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: WENN2 of 12
- Photo: Adrianna M Barazza/WENN3 of 12
- Photo: WireImage4 of 12
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: RD/Bishop/Retna Digital7 of 12
- Photo: Andrew Shawaf/Pacific Coast News8 of 12
- Photo: GettyImages.com9 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP10 of 12
- Photo: Promotional11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
The owners of a New York delicatessen where actor Forest Whitaker was accused of shoplifting last week have apologized to the star for the actions of a "misguided" employee.
RELATED: Best TMI tweets
The Oscar winner was publicly searched and manhandled at the Milano Market in Manhattan after a store worker suspected Whitaker of stealing an item.
RELATED: Trouble with the law 2012
A representative for the deli tells TMZ, "The management of Milano Market deeply regrets the wrongful actions of our employee in stopping and frisking Forest Whitaker."
But the rep insists reports suggesting the employee's actions were racially motivated are wrong, adding, "While we can not delve into the employee's mindset, we do not believe that he was racially motivated in his actions, simply misguided."
The store owners are hoping to appease Whitaker by offering a donation to the charity of his choice.
Get out the vote
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Search For Celebrity Santa
We're on the hunt for the celebrities who could potentially fill Santa's shoes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite