Newly Divorced Olivia Wilde Defends Kim Kardashian
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 20
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com4 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 20
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks6 of 20
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG7 of 20
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG8 of 20
- Photo: WENN9 of 20
- Photo: WireImage10 of 20
- Photo: GONZALO/Bauer-Griffin11 of 20
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN12 of 20
- Photo: Amanda Leddy/Splash News13 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP/Steve Granitz/WireImage/Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 20
- Photo: Invision/AP15 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP16 of 20
- Photo: JM11/WENN17 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP/Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.18 of 20
- Photo: WENN19 of 20
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
Don't count Olivia Wilde among those signing a petition to boycott Kim Kardashian.
Like Kardashian, the "In Time" actress, 27, made divorce headlines in 2011. Early in October, Wilde and Italian prince Tao Ruspoli finalized their divorce after eight years of marriage (they separated in February). On Oct. 31, of course, Kardashian, 31, filed for divorce after 72 days of matrimony with Kris Humphries.
"I empathize. It's not easy," Wilde told the New York Post of the reality star's romantic drama at a Tuesday bash in Manhattan.
Indeed, pals told Us Weekly that Kardashian "thinks the world turned against her" in the wake of her quickie split from Humphries, 26. "She feels everyone hates her."
Not Wilde. "[Divorce] is the hardest thing in the world," said the star, who eloped with Ruspoli when she was just 19. (Similarly, Kardashian was also 19 when she married music producer Damon Thomas.)
"People judge you because divorce is seen as failure. [Kim] took a risk. No one should be attacking her," Wilde said. "Our attention should be focused on things that are truly scandalous."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite