Report: Nick Stahl placed on involuntary psychiatric hold
- Photo: FS2/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Chris Polk/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Moviestore Collection/Rex / Rex/Rex USA5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UKMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:34:00 PM
- Fox Reorganizes Development and Programming DepartmentsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Dan Harmon and Mitch Hurwitz Are Working on a Super-Secret ProjectMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Sean Combs Bids Reported $200 Million for Fuse TV NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Psych's James Roday to Star in CBS Relationship Comedy PilotMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:07:00 PM
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UK
Nick Stahl's troubles are far from over. The "Terminator 3" star, who made headlines all throughout last year after going missing in June, checking into rehab, and then running away again, is now reportedly in a psychiatric hospital.
According to TMZ, a pal took the troubled actor to an L.A. hospital around 3:30 a.m. early Tuesday, June 18, and later, Stahl was placed on a 5150 (or involuntary) hold shortly afterward.
Further details about the circumstances surrounding the drastic hold have not yet been released.
Earlier this month, the 33-year-old actor seemed to be in higher spirits following a lifelong struggle with drugs, alcohol and personal issues, even feeling well enough to dole out advice to former teen star Amanda Bynes.
"She'll figure it out. She's young," Stahl told TMZ at the time, adding that the "Easy A" star just needed to stop oversharing and picking fights on Twitter.
Stahl's wife, Rose Murphy, was the first to initially call attention to Stahl's problems. In May 2012, after Stahl went missing, she filed a missing persons report, only to hear back from him several days later that he had checked himself into rehab.
Just one month later, however, the actor left the treatment a second time (against the doctors' orders) and disappeared again, this time resurfacing last July.
In December, Stahl was arrested at a Hollywood porn shop for "touching himself" in a private booth, an incident that he called a "misunderstanding."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Oscar nominee Lupita Nyong’o shares her awards season journey (and meetings with Oprah, Sidney Poitier and the Dalai Lama!) on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Drunk In Love
Jessica Simpon, Gisele Bundchen and more celebs share intimate pics of their partners on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
Check out Jennifer Lawrence's best red-carpet looks from over the years.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite