Nicole Kidman: 'I Was Really Damaged' After Tom Cruise Split
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Russ Einhorn/Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Chris Pratt Follows Through on Promise to Surprise Sick Kids in HospitalsMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 8:34:00 AM
- Harrison Ford Takes His Bad Leg Out for a SlideMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 8:33:00 AM
- ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Raises $10.3 Million in Just 24 HoursMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 8:15:00 AM
- Emmys 2014 Behind the Scenes: The Stylemaker Behind Emmys' Golden BoysMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 8:03:00 AM
- Conde Nast Media Group Names Vanity Fair Publisher Edward Menicheschi CMO and PresidentMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 7:09:00 AM
- Chris Pratt Follows Through on Promise to Surprise Sick Kids in Hospitals
Breaking up is hard to do.
Kidman was pretty wrecked by the split, too, she confides in the new issue of Marie Claire UK.
"That was a great relationship," the actress, 43, says. "I think it ran its course." In the aftermath, she admits, "I was really damaged and not sure whether [love and marriage] was ever going to happen again to me."
During that high-profile union, Kidman says she made certain sacrifices for Cruise, 46. "I was never seeking to be a celebrity. But I was prepared to do that for love...It's hard when you're young. But I'm ready to give up anything for love, because ultimately, that is what you have."
Now remarried to Keith Urban, the Oscar nominee has two young daughters: Sunday, 2, and Faith Margaret, born via surrogate in late December. "I certainly never thought I'd have a baby at 41," she said of Sunday Rose. (The Q&A was conducted before Kidman and Urban revealed Faith Margaret's birth). "We never know what's around the corner."
These days, the Kidman-Urban brood live on a remote 36-acre in rural Tennessee. No problem, she says.
"I'm crazy in love," Kidman explained. "I think you can live anywhere and do anything when you're crazy in love."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite