Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban talk about family, 'American Idol'Related: Nicole Kidman
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage1 of 15
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 15
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN4 of 15
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN5 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 15
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage9 of 15
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks10 of 15
- Photo: BJJ/FameFlynet Pictures/Ivan Nikolov/WENN/WENN11 of 15
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: Fame Flynet14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Review: Fighting and losing in Iran, then and nowMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 11:17:00 AM
- 'Iron Man 3' Tops $400M at Domestic Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 10:56:02 AM
- McDreamy part of all-American team at Le MansMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 10:36:29 AM
- Drafthouse Films Acquires Obscure 1979 Sci-Fi Movie 'The Visitor,' Starring John HMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 10:13:59 AM
- Sandra Bullock Won't Be in 'Annie' Remake After Negotiations End (ExclusiMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 10:07:51 AM
- Review: Fighting and losing in Iran, then and now
By Chris Gardner
Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban may ooze glamour every time they step out on the red carpet but, surprisingly, they say they don't dedicate a lot of time to the process.
RELATED: Hottest couples at the Golden Globes
"We get ready pretty quickly because we have a 2-year-old and a 4-year-old who are always like, 'Mommy, I want this! Mommy I want that!'" Kidman told Wonderwall on the carpet prior to the G'Day USA black-tie gala at LA Live's JW Marriott on Jan. 12, 2013.
But when the beautification process is done, Kidman added that her daughters -- Sunday Rose and Faith Margaret -- stop to admire the results. "They love this -- they thought I was a princess. This is Sunday Rose's dress of all time,” Kidman said, referring to her daughter's opinion of her Elie Saab coral sleeveless couture frock.
In addition to the current awards season circuit, the Kidman-Urban household is a bit more chaotic than normal as Urban is prepping for the launch of "American Idol." The show debuts on Wednesday and will see Urban sitting alongside Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Randy Jackson at the judges' table. So how is he juggling multi-hyphenate stardom and fatherhood?
"Just balancing it when it gets out of balance and it definitely does," Urban said. "Balance is never achieved -- it's just maintained."
There's been plenty of buzz about the need for balance in the relationship of two of his fellow judges -- Carey and Minaj. Urban didn't comment on their alleged drama, but he did say that he gets along just fine with everyone.
"We all met in New York for dinner the night before we started shooting," Urban revealed. "I had met Ryan and Randy before, but I'd never met Mariah or Nicki, but we just sort of clicked. I clicked with them because I'm used to dealing with all kinds of different artists and I just felt like I just joined a band."
So, when the "band" gets together on season 12, what should viewers expect?
"We're all pretty opinionated so I think that's going to come out," Urban said, adding that he's looking for contestants who "stop me in my tracks." "They may not have the best singing voice or anything, but they just know how to communicate and are compelling to watch."
RELATED: Year in review: Celebritots
Get out the vote
- Michelle Williams and Jason Segel are moving on!
- Wedding bells and baby rattles for Jennifer Love H
- Gisele Bundchen's bikini bod after baby
- Kim Kardashian's Last Trip to Paris Before Baby
- Prince Harry's scandal-free trip to the US
- Miley and Liam: Engagement Intervention?
- The Kardashians Luxurious Greek Getaway
- Will Sharon and Ozzy’s marriage survive his addiction issues?
- Why does Bradley Cooper live with his mom?
- Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie's Hot Caribbean Vacation
- Heidi Klum's Dramatic Beach Rescue
- Is Hayden Panettiere Secretly Engaged?
- Is Lindsay Lohan Ready to Clean Up Her Life?
- Are Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Over?
- Is Duchess Kate Expecting a Daughter?
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite