Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban talk about family, 'American Idol'
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage1 of 15
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 15
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN4 of 15
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN5 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 15
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage9 of 15
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks10 of 15
- Photo: BJJ/FameFlynet Pictures/Ivan Nikolov/WENN/WENN11 of 15
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: Fame Flynet14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Nightcrawler' to Close Fantastic FestMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:11:00 PM
- Zach Galifianakis Comedy 'Baskets' Gets Series Order From FXMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:01:00 PM
- FX Orders a Clown Comedy Starring Zach Galifianakis, Co-Created by Louis C.K.MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:00:00 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. Thinks 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Might Be the 'Best MarMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 1:54:00 PM
- Katherine Heigl Dismisses $6 Million Lawsuit Against Drugstore Chain Duane ReadeMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 1:51:00 PM
- Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Nightcrawler' to Close Fantastic Fest
By Chris Gardner
Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban may ooze glamour every time they step out on the red carpet but, surprisingly, they say they don't dedicate a lot of time to the process.
RELATED: Hottest couples at the Golden Globes
"We get ready pretty quickly because we have a 2-year-old and a 4-year-old who are always like, 'Mommy, I want this! Mommy I want that!'" Kidman told Wonderwall on the carpet prior to the G'Day USA black-tie gala at LA Live's JW Marriott on Jan. 12, 2013.
But when the beautification process is done, Kidman added that her daughters -- Sunday Rose and Faith Margaret -- stop to admire the results. "They love this -- they thought I was a princess. This is Sunday Rose's dress of all time,” Kidman said, referring to her daughter's opinion of her Elie Saab coral sleeveless couture frock.
In addition to the current awards season circuit, the Kidman-Urban household is a bit more chaotic than normal as Urban is prepping for the launch of "American Idol." The show debuts on Wednesday and will see Urban sitting alongside Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Randy Jackson at the judges' table. So how is he juggling multi-hyphenate stardom and fatherhood?
"Just balancing it when it gets out of balance and it definitely does," Urban said. "Balance is never achieved -- it's just maintained."
There's been plenty of buzz about the need for balance in the relationship of two of his fellow judges -- Carey and Minaj. Urban didn't comment on their alleged drama, but he did say that he gets along just fine with everyone.
"We all met in New York for dinner the night before we started shooting," Urban revealed. "I had met Ryan and Randy before, but I'd never met Mariah or Nicki, but we just sort of clicked. I clicked with them because I'm used to dealing with all kinds of different artists and I just felt like I just joined a band."
So, when the "band" gets together on season 12, what should viewers expect?
"We're all pretty opinionated so I think that's going to come out," Urban said, adding that he's looking for contestants who "stop me in my tracks." "They may not have the best singing voice or anything, but they just know how to communicate and are compelling to watch."
RELATED: Year in review: Celebritots
Get out the vote
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'The Bachelor'
From Crowd Ignite