Nicole Kidman on Connor and Isabella's Scientology: 'I respect their beliefs'
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Vallenilla/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Uwe Kuessner/Newspix/Rex USA/.5 of 9
- Photo: DOMENICO STINELLIS/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
Nicole Kidman has no problem talking about peeing on Zac Efron in "The Paperboy" or filming rough sex scenes with John Cusack, but when it comes to matters of off-screen controversy, the Oscar-winning actress clams up.
"I've chosen not to speak publicly about Scientology," she told the magazine. "I have two children [adopted with Cruise] who are Scientologists -- Connor [the Red Dawn actor is now 17] and Isabella  -- and I utterly respect their beliefs."
Kidman, 45, famously split from Cruise, 50, in 2001 after 10 years of marriage. The actress has since admitted that she fell head-over-heels for the Mission Impossible actor largely out of naivety. She was just 23 when the two tied the knot.
"We were in a bubble," she told DuJour magazine last fall of being married to the actor. "Just the two of us. We became very dependent on one another."
Rumors that the Church had a large hand in the consequential fallout have swirled ever since.
A recent Vanity Fair expose and a book by Pulitzer Prize-winner Lawrence Wright both suggest that it was the Church that actually forced Connor and Isabella to turn against her, but it's a claim that Kidman will neither confirm nor deny.
"My eye is going to a dress here -- that's how interested I am in this," she said during the Hollywood Reporter interview as a way to avoid the question. (The actress is currently married to country crooner Keith Urban, 45, and the couple have two young daughters together).
One thing the Rabbit Hole actress will talk about, however, is her decision to forgo mainstream blockbusters in favor of tackling more independent films down the line.
"I try to go places I'm terrified of," she said, referring to her latest Sundance horror film "Stoker." "It makes you more compassionate. The journey of life is hard; you're always waiting for the cannonball to come and hit you."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Watch as Lynda Carter talks about the old vs. the new "Wonder Woman" costume.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many sexy bikinis Jessica Alba has rocked over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite