Nicole Kidman on Connor and Isabella's Scientology: 'I respect their beliefs'
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Vallenilla/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Uwe Kuessner/Newspix/Rex USA/.5 of 9
- Photo: DOMENICO STINELLIS/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Nicole Kidman has no problem talking about peeing on Zac Efron in "The Paperboy" or filming rough sex scenes with John Cusack, but when it comes to matters of off-screen controversy, the Oscar-winning actress clams up.
"I've chosen not to speak publicly about Scientology," she told the magazine. "I have two children [adopted with Cruise] who are Scientologists -- Connor [the Red Dawn actor is now 17] and Isabella  -- and I utterly respect their beliefs."
Kidman, 45, famously split from Cruise, 50, in 2001 after 10 years of marriage. The actress has since admitted that she fell head-over-heels for the Mission Impossible actor largely out of naivety. She was just 23 when the two tied the knot.
"We were in a bubble," she told DuJour magazine last fall of being married to the actor. "Just the two of us. We became very dependent on one another."
Rumors that the Church had a large hand in the consequential fallout have swirled ever since.
A recent Vanity Fair expose and a book by Pulitzer Prize-winner Lawrence Wright both suggest that it was the Church that actually forced Connor and Isabella to turn against her, but it's a claim that Kidman will neither confirm nor deny.
"My eye is going to a dress here -- that's how interested I am in this," she said during the Hollywood Reporter interview as a way to avoid the question. (The actress is currently married to country crooner Keith Urban, 45, and the couple have two young daughters together).
One thing the Rabbit Hole actress will talk about, however, is her decision to forgo mainstream blockbusters in favor of tackling more independent films down the line.
"I try to go places I'm terrified of," she said, referring to her latest Sundance horror film "Stoker." "It makes you more compassionate. The journey of life is hard; you're always waiting for the cannonball to come and hit you."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite