Nicole Kidman Addresses Criticism of Mother-Daughter Magazine Photos
- Photo: Harper's Bazaar1 of 10
- Photo: GVK/MATEI H/Bauer-Griffin2 of 10
- Photo: Premiere/DMac/Fame Flynet3 of 10
- Photo: Bruja/Juan Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 10
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 10
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin7 of 10
- Photo: Blue Wasp/Grey Wasp/Splash News/Splash News8 of 10
- Photo: Blue Wasp/Splash News9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban SoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:00:00 PM
- Talent Agents Adam Kanter, Martin Spencer Exit Resolution (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:14:00 PM
- 'Bad Words' Review: Jason Bateman's Directorial Debut Exhilarates Until IMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Newsweek Bitcoin Writer Fires Back at Tina Brown: 'I Have A Problem' With Her CommMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 6:50:00 PM
- The Best. Baseball Movie. Ever (Guest Blog)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 5:54:00 PM
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban So
Nicole Kidman has been somewhat criticized after the birth of her 18-month-old daughter Faith Margaret, which occurred by gestational carrier. Now the proud mom poses with her daughter on the cover of Harper's Bazaar Australia.
CBS News reports that a gestational carrier differs from a surrogate mother in that a gestational carrier carries another couple's fertilized embryo to term, whereas a surrogate typically uses her own eggs.
Much ado was made of the subject after Nicole and her husband, Keith Urban, publicly thanked their gestational carrier following the Golden Globes.
For those who might criticize the actress for taking photos with her kids, Nicole tells the magazine, "I think it's OK, because you can't see their faces; they're still protected. I feel it's a really lovely way to celebrate being a mom and being a family, and they're my daughters, and they're Keith's daughters [laughs] ... you can see the hair!"
Faith's big sister, Sunday Rose, also appears in the pages of Harper's June cover.
In the photos, Nicole sports a short-cropped 'do for her new film role as Grace Kelly in "Grace of Monaco."
RELATED: See Nicole's spread from Harper's Bazaar Australia
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
MORE FROM ETONLINE:
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
From Katy Perry and John Mayer to Paula Patton and Robin Thicke, get the scoop on all the breakups in Hollywood.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on all the rumors surrounding Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite