Nicole Kidman: We Cried When Keith Urban Spoke His First Post-Surgery Words
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com2 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 10
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/GettyImages.com7 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 10
- Photo: STEVE SANDS/Bauer-Griffin9 of 10
More Celeb News
- History's 'Vikings' Season 2 Teasers Show the Sexy Side of Scandinavia (VMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 5:04:49 PM
- 'Hours' Review: Paul Walker Says Adieu With One of His Strongest PerformancesMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:45:39 PM
- Jason Segel to Play David Foster Wallace Opposite Jesse Eisenberg in 'The End of the Tour&aMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:14:00 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 7:12 p.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:10:40 PM
- Frank Grillo Steps Into a Lead Role With 'The Purge' SequelMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 3:52:19 PM
- History's 'Vikings' Season 2 Teasers Show the Sexy Side of Scandinavia (V
Keith Urban's biggest fan got to share a very special moment with the singer during his recovery from throat surgery last winter.
The country singer's wife of five years, Nicole Kidman, was there for her husband's first post-surgery words, and, in a new interview with W magazine, says the "profound" moment moved her to tears--and strengthened the bond she and Urban already shared.
Following vocal chord surgery to remove a polyp, the Grammy winner, 44, faced three weeks of silence, during which he couldn't talk at all.
"To go without his voice, and then to finally hear [it]. What if he sounded different?" Kidman, 44, revealed. "I was there for his first words, and then we cried."
Added the "Hemingway & Gellhorn" star, "How many people experience their husband's first words? All of those things make you closer. ... If that doesn't bring you closer, you're not breathing."
Urban has spoken before about his unbreakable bond with his wife, with whom he has two daughters: Sunday Rose, 3, and Faith Margaret, 16 months.
"[Nicole is] an extremely pure spirit. A really, really extraordinarily rare, I think, pure spirit," Urban told ABC just before his surgery last November. "I'll spend the rest of my life trying to find the right words because, you know, words are limiting."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite