Nicole Kidman: We Cried When Keith Urban Spoke His First Post-Surgery Words
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com2 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 10
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/GettyImages.com7 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 10
- Photo: STEVE SANDS/Bauer-Griffin9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
Keith Urban's biggest fan got to share a very special moment with the singer during his recovery from throat surgery last winter.
The country singer's wife of five years, Nicole Kidman, was there for her husband's first post-surgery words, and, in a new interview with W magazine, says the "profound" moment moved her to tears--and strengthened the bond she and Urban already shared.
Following vocal chord surgery to remove a polyp, the Grammy winner, 44, faced three weeks of silence, during which he couldn't talk at all.
"To go without his voice, and then to finally hear [it]. What if he sounded different?" Kidman, 44, revealed. "I was there for his first words, and then we cried."
Added the "Hemingway & Gellhorn" star, "How many people experience their husband's first words? All of those things make you closer. ... If that doesn't bring you closer, you're not breathing."
Urban has spoken before about his unbreakable bond with his wife, with whom he has two daughters: Sunday Rose, 3, and Faith Margaret, 16 months.
"[Nicole is] an extremely pure spirit. A really, really extraordinarily rare, I think, pure spirit," Urban told ABC just before his surgery last November. "I'll spend the rest of my life trying to find the right words because, you know, words are limiting."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTRing Speculation
From Crowd Ignite