Nicole Kidman: We Cried When Keith Urban Spoke His First Post-Surgery Words
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com2 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 10
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/GettyImages.com7 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 10
- Photo: STEVE SANDS/Bauer-Griffin9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
Keith Urban's biggest fan got to share a very special moment with the singer during his recovery from throat surgery last winter.
The country singer's wife of five years, Nicole Kidman, was there for her husband's first post-surgery words, and, in a new interview with W magazine, says the "profound" moment moved her to tears--and strengthened the bond she and Urban already shared.
Following vocal chord surgery to remove a polyp, the Grammy winner, 44, faced three weeks of silence, during which he couldn't talk at all.
"To go without his voice, and then to finally hear [it]. What if he sounded different?" Kidman, 44, revealed. "I was there for his first words, and then we cried."
Added the "Hemingway & Gellhorn" star, "How many people experience their husband's first words? All of those things make you closer. ... If that doesn't bring you closer, you're not breathing."
Urban has spoken before about his unbreakable bond with his wife, with whom he has two daughters: Sunday Rose, 3, and Faith Margaret, 16 months.
"[Nicole is] an extremely pure spirit. A really, really extraordinarily rare, I think, pure spirit," Urban told ABC just before his surgery last November. "I'll spend the rest of my life trying to find the right words because, you know, words are limiting."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite