Nicole Kidman: We Cried When Keith Urban Spoke His First Post-Surgery Words
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com2 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 10
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/GettyImages.com7 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 10
- Photo: STEVE SANDS/Bauer-Griffin9 of 10
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
Keith Urban's biggest fan got to share a very special moment with the singer during his recovery from throat surgery last winter.
The country singer's wife of five years, Nicole Kidman, was there for her husband's first post-surgery words, and, in a new interview with W magazine, says the "profound" moment moved her to tears--and strengthened the bond she and Urban already shared.
Following vocal chord surgery to remove a polyp, the Grammy winner, 44, faced three weeks of silence, during which he couldn't talk at all.
"To go without his voice, and then to finally hear [it]. What if he sounded different?" Kidman, 44, revealed. "I was there for his first words, and then we cried."
Added the "Hemingway & Gellhorn" star, "How many people experience their husband's first words? All of those things make you closer. ... If that doesn't bring you closer, you're not breathing."
Urban has spoken before about his unbreakable bond with his wife, with whom he has two daughters: Sunday Rose, 3, and Faith Margaret, 16 months.
"[Nicole is] an extremely pure spirit. A really, really extraordinarily rare, I think, pure spirit," Urban told ABC just before his surgery last November. "I'll spend the rest of my life trying to find the right words because, you know, words are limiting."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTEmmy Parties
From Crowd Ignite