Nikki Reed chops hair by 12 inches
- Photo: Rex USA1 of 12
- Photo: Michael Mendoza/Rony's Photobooth/.2 of 12
- Photo: Shelby Case/.3 of 12
- Photo: John Sciulli/Getty Images North America4 of 12
- Photo: © Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.5 of 12
- Photo: Neilson Barnard/Getty Images North America6 of 12
- Photo: Brian Lindensmith/All Access Photo Agency/.7 of 12
- Photo: Retna Ltd.8 of 12
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/Invision/AP10 of 12
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- GLAAD Finds Painfully Low LGBT Representation in 2013 Films, Gives Two Studios Failing GradesMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:00:00 AM
- 12 Comic-Con Stars and Showrunners Share Insider Tips; Pick Convention Must-Dos and Don't MMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 2:00:00 AM
- CBS Films Exec Shakeup: Terry Press Assumes Top Leadership Role, Wolfgang Hammer OutMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 1:22:00 AM
- Woody Allen Talks His Life and Career in First Podcast AppearanceMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 12:12:00 AM
- Robert Downey Jr. Is Forbes' Top-Earning Actor With $75 MillionMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 11:22:00 PM
- GLAAD Finds Painfully Low LGBT Representation in 2013 Films, Gives Two Studios Failing Grades
And another celebrity gets the chop! Nikki Reed debuted her stylish new lob (long bob) Wednesday night at the 3rd Annual Coach Evening to Benefit Children's Defense Fund at Bad Robot in Los Angeles.
The previously long-tressed "Twilight" actress spoke to Us Weekly about her decision to cut off "at least a foot," she estimates, of her hair. "I'm doing a new movie, and although the role doesn't require a short hair change, it's something totally different than anything else I've done and I wanted to look and feel like a different person," she tells Us.
The 24-year-old star normally entrusts her haircuts and color to her mom, a hairdresser, but for this makeover, she called in a neutral party, stylist Mara Roszak. "I called Mara and was like, I need to do something really drastic, but I don't want my mom to cut it because if something goes wrong, I don't want to hate my mom. She totally got it and I'm so happy."
Unfortunately, the actress, who's married to "American Idol" alum Paul McDonald, wasn't able to donate her chopped locks. "They wouldn't let me. My hair is super processed, I guess, from years of being bleached and dyed," she explains.
Reed isn't the only star to be enamored with the mid-length haircut. In January, the New York Times declared model Karlie Kloss' chin-length 'do "the haircut of the year." Shortly after, Nicole Richie debuted a new choppy lob, and in March Naomi Watts had her hair cut into a classic bob.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Slim Down Secrets
Cameron Diaz and Jason Segel chat nude scenes and getting in shape for their film "Sex Tape" with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite