Nikki Reed chops hair by 12 inches
- Photo: Rex USA1 of 12
- Photo: Michael Mendoza/Rony's Photobooth/.2 of 12
- Photo: Shelby Case/.3 of 12
- Photo: John Sciulli/Getty Images North America4 of 12
- Photo: © Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.5 of 12
- Photo: Neilson Barnard/Getty Images North America6 of 12
- Photo: Brian Lindensmith/All Access Photo Agency/.7 of 12
- Photo: Retna Ltd.8 of 12
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/Invision/AP10 of 12
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Child Star Mara Wilson Has 'No Interest' in SeqMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 8:01:00 AM
- Seth Rogen Blows Up At Nancy Grace Over Anti-Marijuana TweetsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:54:00 AM
- Gallery eyes portraits in the age of abstract artMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:52:37 AM
- MovieTickets.com Extends Harkins Theatres Remote Ticketing AgreementMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:52:00 AM
- Singer Chris Brown's bodyguard on trial in DCMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:05:26 AM
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Child Star Mara Wilson Has 'No Interest' in Seq
And another celebrity gets the chop! Nikki Reed debuted her stylish new lob (long bob) Wednesday night at the 3rd Annual Coach Evening to Benefit Children's Defense Fund at Bad Robot in Los Angeles.
The previously long-tressed "Twilight" actress spoke to Us Weekly about her decision to cut off "at least a foot," she estimates, of her hair. "I'm doing a new movie, and although the role doesn't require a short hair change, it's something totally different than anything else I've done and I wanted to look and feel like a different person," she tells Us.
The 24-year-old star normally entrusts her haircuts and color to her mom, a hairdresser, but for this makeover, she called in a neutral party, stylist Mara Roszak. "I called Mara and was like, I need to do something really drastic, but I don't want my mom to cut it because if something goes wrong, I don't want to hate my mom. She totally got it and I'm so happy."
Unfortunately, the actress, who's married to "American Idol" alum Paul McDonald, wasn't able to donate her chopped locks. "They wouldn't let me. My hair is super processed, I guess, from years of being bleached and dyed," she explains.
Reed isn't the only star to be enamored with the mid-length haircut. In January, the New York Times declared model Karlie Kloss' chin-length 'do "the haircut of the year." Shortly after, Nicole Richie debuted a new choppy lob, and in March Naomi Watts had her hair cut into a classic bob.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite