Nikki Reed chops hair by 12 inches
- Photo: Rex USA1 of 12
- Photo: Michael Mendoza/Rony's Photobooth/.2 of 12
- Photo: Shelby Case/.3 of 12
- Photo: John Sciulli/Getty Images North America4 of 12
- Photo: © Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.5 of 12
- Photo: Neilson Barnard/Getty Images North America6 of 12
- Photo: Brian Lindensmith/All Access Photo Agency/.7 of 12
- Photo: Retna Ltd.8 of 12
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/Invision/AP10 of 12
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
And another celebrity gets the chop! Nikki Reed debuted her stylish new lob (long bob) Wednesday night at the 3rd Annual Coach Evening to Benefit Children's Defense Fund at Bad Robot in Los Angeles.
The previously long-tressed "Twilight" actress spoke to Us Weekly about her decision to cut off "at least a foot," she estimates, of her hair. "I'm doing a new movie, and although the role doesn't require a short hair change, it's something totally different than anything else I've done and I wanted to look and feel like a different person," she tells Us.
The 24-year-old star normally entrusts her haircuts and color to her mom, a hairdresser, but for this makeover, she called in a neutral party, stylist Mara Roszak. "I called Mara and was like, I need to do something really drastic, but I don't want my mom to cut it because if something goes wrong, I don't want to hate my mom. She totally got it and I'm so happy."
Unfortunately, the actress, who's married to "American Idol" alum Paul McDonald, wasn't able to donate her chopped locks. "They wouldn't let me. My hair is super processed, I guess, from years of being bleached and dyed," she explains.
Reed isn't the only star to be enamored with the mid-length haircut. In January, the New York Times declared model Karlie Kloss' chin-length 'do "the haircut of the year." Shortly after, Nicole Richie debuted a new choppy lob, and in March Naomi Watts had her hair cut into a classic bob.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite