Nikki Reed chops hair by 12 inches
- Photo: Rex USA1 of 12
- Photo: Michael Mendoza/Rony's Photobooth/.2 of 12
- Photo: Shelby Case/.3 of 12
- Photo: John Sciulli/Getty Images North America4 of 12
- Photo: © Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.5 of 12
- Photo: Neilson Barnard/Getty Images North America6 of 12
- Photo: Brian Lindensmith/All Access Photo Agency/.7 of 12
- Photo: Retna Ltd.8 of 12
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/Invision/AP10 of 12
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
And another celebrity gets the chop! Nikki Reed debuted her stylish new lob (long bob) Wednesday night at the 3rd Annual Coach Evening to Benefit Children's Defense Fund at Bad Robot in Los Angeles.
The previously long-tressed "Twilight" actress spoke to Us Weekly about her decision to cut off "at least a foot," she estimates, of her hair. "I'm doing a new movie, and although the role doesn't require a short hair change, it's something totally different than anything else I've done and I wanted to look and feel like a different person," she tells Us.
The 24-year-old star normally entrusts her haircuts and color to her mom, a hairdresser, but for this makeover, she called in a neutral party, stylist Mara Roszak. "I called Mara and was like, I need to do something really drastic, but I don't want my mom to cut it because if something goes wrong, I don't want to hate my mom. She totally got it and I'm so happy."
Unfortunately, the actress, who's married to "American Idol" alum Paul McDonald, wasn't able to donate her chopped locks. "They wouldn't let me. My hair is super processed, I guess, from years of being bleached and dyed," she explains.
Reed isn't the only star to be enamored with the mid-length haircut. In January, the New York Times declared model Karlie Kloss' chin-length 'do "the haircut of the year." Shortly after, Nicole Richie debuted a new choppy lob, and in March Naomi Watts had her hair cut into a classic bob.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite