Nikki Reed chops hair by 12 inches
- Photo: Rex USA1 of 12
- Photo: Michael Mendoza/Rony's Photobooth/.2 of 12
- Photo: Shelby Case/.3 of 12
- Photo: John Sciulli/Getty Images North America4 of 12
- Photo: © Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.5 of 12
- Photo: Neilson Barnard/Getty Images North America6 of 12
- Photo: Brian Lindensmith/All Access Photo Agency/.7 of 12
- Photo: Retna Ltd.8 of 12
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/Invision/AP10 of 12
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the BooksMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:41:00 PM
- 'The Knick' Star Eve Hewson in Talks to Join Tom Hanks in Steven Spielberg Movie (MSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:10:00 PM
- Time Warner Board Moves to Block Potential Fox TakeoverMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:04:00 PM
- The Truth About Corey Stoll's Wig and Other Fun Facts About FX's The StrainMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:54 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 3:54:12 PM
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the Books
And another celebrity gets the chop! Nikki Reed debuted her stylish new lob (long bob) Wednesday night at the 3rd Annual Coach Evening to Benefit Children's Defense Fund at Bad Robot in Los Angeles.
The previously long-tressed "Twilight" actress spoke to Us Weekly about her decision to cut off "at least a foot," she estimates, of her hair. "I'm doing a new movie, and although the role doesn't require a short hair change, it's something totally different than anything else I've done and I wanted to look and feel like a different person," she tells Us.
The 24-year-old star normally entrusts her haircuts and color to her mom, a hairdresser, but for this makeover, she called in a neutral party, stylist Mara Roszak. "I called Mara and was like, I need to do something really drastic, but I don't want my mom to cut it because if something goes wrong, I don't want to hate my mom. She totally got it and I'm so happy."
Unfortunately, the actress, who's married to "American Idol" alum Paul McDonald, wasn't able to donate her chopped locks. "They wouldn't let me. My hair is super processed, I guess, from years of being bleached and dyed," she explains.
Reed isn't the only star to be enamored with the mid-length haircut. In January, the New York Times declared model Karlie Kloss' chin-length 'do "the haircut of the year." Shortly after, Nicole Richie debuted a new choppy lob, and in March Naomi Watts had her hair cut into a classic bob.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBirthday Party
From Crowd Ignite