Nikki Reed, Paul McDonald split after two years of marriage
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: Michael Mendoza/Rony's Photobooth/.2 of 12
- Photo: Shelby Case/.3 of 12
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage4 of 12
- Photo: DCAP/GSI5 of 12
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks6 of 12
- Photo: Ryan/WENN7 of 12
- Photo: Retna Ltd.8 of 12
- Photo: Ray Tang/Rex USA9 of 12
- Photo: John Sciulli/Getty Images North America10 of 12
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
It's over. Nikki Reed and Paul McDonald have split, her rep confirms to Us Weekly. The married couple of nearly three years have decided to go their separate ways, but are ending their relationship on good terms, even going forward with a planned musical collaboration.
"After much consideration, Nikki Reed and Paul McDonald are ending their marriage. They have been living separately for the past six months due to work obligations," a rep for the actress tells Us.
"They will continue to share their love of music, and are still working on their debut album, 'I'm Not Falling,' releasing in 2014," the statement continues. "They remain best friends and look forward to their continued journey together."
The "Twilight" alum, 25, seemed optimistic about her marriage speaking to Us just two days before the couple's split announcement. "We don't have rules, but I think it's just important to focus on what you love," Reed said of keeping the romance alive at LeSport Sac's 40th anniversary event in NYC on March 27.
"We love just hanging out," she said of their downtime. "He's my best friend in the world and I love him so much." When asked if they were planning to start a family soon, she replied: "Not currently."
After seven months of dating, Reed and McDonald, 29, said "I do" at a private ranch in Malibu, Calif., back in October 2011. "We couldn't be happier!" Reed told Us exclusively at the time. "[We were] surrounded by our family and friends. We're so glad this day has come!"
The couple first met at the March 2011 premiere of "Little Red Riding Hood" in L.A. while McDonald was currently a contestant on Season 10 of American Idol. One month later, the singer moved into Reed's L.A. home.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen swims with horses on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite