Octavia Spencer: I Want to Lose 'Another 15 Pounds'
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: Michael Stewart/WireImage.com2 of 9
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Kristian Dowling/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: EN3/HSS/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: Michael Buckner/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
It looks like Octavia Spencer is becoming the "It" woman of the 2012 awards season -- but don't expect "The Help" actress, 39, to shrink down to a tiny, tiny size as her stardom rises.
As she was at the Golden Globes two weeks ago, Spencer was the victor in the Supporting Actress category at Sunday's Screen Actors' Guild Awards, and was resplendent in a Tadashi Soji gown, Stuart Weitzman shoes and a Judith Leiber bag.
"Tadashi [is] a designer that knows how to cut for women who aren't size 2," she told reporters on the red carpet. She admitted she had a little assistance fitting into the gown. "This is Spanx, honey!"
Still, she said, "I am working out with a trainer," but her goals aren't extreme.
"I'm not trying to be a thin mint," Spencer clarified. "I'm just trying to be healthy and look good for me. So another 15 pounds and I will be fine."
In the press room inside the Shrine Auditorium after grabbing her award, she speculated on the pressures placed on actresses in Hollywood to look young -- and skinny.
"It's our society that has told [women] and continues to tell them that when you reach a certain age, you are no longer valuable. When your each a certain weight, you are [no longer] valuable," the Oscar nominee said.
Regardless, Spencer said, "I'm not healthy at this weight. I think anytime you have too much around the middle then there's a problem."
She feels sympathetic for women of all sizes, she added to reporters. "I feel for my overly thin women as much as I feel for the overly overweight women. I think there is a lot that needs to change."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCat's in the Bag
From Crowd Ignite