Octavia Spencer: I Want to Lose 'Another 15 Pounds'
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: Michael Stewart/WireImage.com2 of 9
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Kristian Dowling/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: EN3/HSS/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: Michael Buckner/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Lena Dunham Reacts to Naked Critics Makes, Deletes Molestation Joke on TwitterMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:14:00 PM
- Katie Couric to Interview Michael Bloomberg for YahooMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:57:00 PM
- Lindsay Lohan Is a 'Prisoner' on OWN Series: 'It's My Last Shot&MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:24:00 PM
- Emerson College Opens L.A. Campus on Sunset Blvd. With Hollywood Gala (Photos)MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:11:00 PM
- 'True Detective' Season Finale: Darkness, Yeah-uhMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:02:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Reacts to Naked Critics Makes, Deletes Molestation Joke on Twitter
It looks like Octavia Spencer is becoming the "It" woman of the 2012 awards season -- but don't expect "The Help" actress, 39, to shrink down to a tiny, tiny size as her stardom rises.
As she was at the Golden Globes two weeks ago, Spencer was the victor in the Supporting Actress category at Sunday's Screen Actors' Guild Awards, and was resplendent in a Tadashi Soji gown, Stuart Weitzman shoes and a Judith Leiber bag.
"Tadashi [is] a designer that knows how to cut for women who aren't size 2," she told reporters on the red carpet. She admitted she had a little assistance fitting into the gown. "This is Spanx, honey!"
Still, she said, "I am working out with a trainer," but her goals aren't extreme.
"I'm not trying to be a thin mint," Spencer clarified. "I'm just trying to be healthy and look good for me. So another 15 pounds and I will be fine."
In the press room inside the Shrine Auditorium after grabbing her award, she speculated on the pressures placed on actresses in Hollywood to look young -- and skinny.
"It's our society that has told [women] and continues to tell them that when you reach a certain age, you are no longer valuable. When your each a certain weight, you are [no longer] valuable," the Oscar nominee said.
Regardless, Spencer said, "I'm not healthy at this weight. I think anytime you have too much around the middle then there's a problem."
She feels sympathetic for women of all sizes, she added to reporters. "I feel for my overly thin women as much as I feel for the overly overweight women. I think there is a lot that needs to change."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite