Octavia Spencer: I Want to Lose 'Another 15 Pounds'
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: Michael Stewart/WireImage.com2 of 9
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Kristian Dowling/AP6 of 9
- Photo: EN3/HSS/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: Michael Buckner/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:51:00 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Opening Day Universal's Best-Ever in U.K.MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:26:21 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Much Ado About Absolutely EverythingMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 7:31:58 AM
- The Curious Case of Benicio del Toro in 'Jimmy P'MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 3:29:59 AM
- Wentworth Media Launches to Finance, Produce MoviesMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 2:00:07 AM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office
It looks like Octavia Spencer is becoming the "It" woman of the 2012 awards season -- but don't expect "The Help" actress, 39, to shrink down to a tiny, tiny size as her stardom rises.
As she was at the Golden Globes two weeks ago, Spencer was the victor in the Supporting Actress category at Sunday's Screen Actors' Guild Awards, and was resplendent in a Tadashi Soji gown, Stuart Weitzman shoes and a Judith Leiber bag.
"Tadashi [is] a designer that knows how to cut for women who aren't size 2," she told reporters on the red carpet. She admitted she had a little assistance fitting into the gown. "This is Spanx, honey!"
Still, she said, "I am working out with a trainer," but her goals aren't extreme.
"I'm not trying to be a thin mint," Spencer clarified. "I'm just trying to be healthy and look good for me. So another 15 pounds and I will be fine."
In the press room inside the Shrine Auditorium after grabbing her award, she speculated on the pressures placed on actresses in Hollywood to look young -- and skinny.
"It's our society that has told [women] and continues to tell them that when you reach a certain age, you are no longer valuable. When your each a certain weight, you are [no longer] valuable," the Oscar nominee said.
Regardless, Spencer said, "I'm not healthy at this weight. I think anytime you have too much around the middle then there's a problem."
She feels sympathetic for women of all sizes, she added to reporters. "I feel for my overly thin women as much as I feel for the overly overweight women. I think there is a lot that needs to change."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Florence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite