Olivia Munn Opens Up About Rare Disorder: I Rip Out My Eyelashes
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Ltd.1 of 15
- Photo: Zavar/NPG2 of 15
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet3 of 15
- Photo: @oliviamunn/Twitter4 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 15
- Photo: Michael Kovac/Getty Images North America6 of 15
- Photo: © Richard Shotwell/Retna Ltd.7 of 15
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks8 of 15
- Photo: Getty Images North America9 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 15
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage11 of 15
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: KH1/WENN13 of 15
- Photo: FS2/WENN14 of 15
More Celeb News
- 'La Cage aux Folles' Director Edouard Molinaro Dead at 85MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 4:49:15 PM
- Vin Diesel Shares His Emotional Moment With Paul Walker's FamilyMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 3:18:16 PM
- Bob Dylan's Infamous Electric Guitar Fetches Nearly $1 Million at AuctionMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:57:27 PM
- La Scala's 'La Traviata' opener gets mixed reviewsMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:13:57 PM
- European Film Awards: 'The Great Beauty' Wins European Film 2013MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 1:38:57 PM
- 'La Cage aux Folles' Director Edouard Molinaro Dead at 85
In an interview with The New York Daily News, Olivia Munn admitted to suffering from an impulse control disorder known as trichotillomania.
"I don't bite my nails, but I rip out my eyelashes," the 32-year-old actress explained. "It doesn't hurt, but it's really annoying. Every time I run out of the house, I have to stop and pick up a whole set of fake eyelashes."
Munn, who is currently dating "The Killings" actor Joel Kinnaman, 32, also admits to having social anxiety disorder. "I don't think anyone would describe me as weak, but I don't want people to be mean to me," she said. "As an Air Force kid, I moved around a lot when I was younger and no one was nice to the new kid. So there is always this feeling that someone will make fun of me."
Though her career is hotter than ever, thanks to roles in "Magic Mike," HBO's "The Newsroom" and the upcoming flick "The Babymakers," Munn doesn't buy into her own hype. "I know how lucky I am, but I won't allow myself to get sucked in by all the talk. Talk is just for a moment," she said. "This career has to last for a long time."
"People tell me, 'Your work won't keep you warm at night,'" Munn told The New York Daily News. "But it does pay for my heat and my down comforter, so it technically does."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite