Olivia Munn Opens Up About Rare Disorder: I Rip Out My Eyelashes
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Ltd.1 of 15
- Photo: Zavar/NPG2 of 15
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet3 of 15
- Photo: @oliviamunn/Twitter4 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 15
- Photo: Michael Kovac/Getty Images North America6 of 15
- Photo: © Richard Shotwell/Retna Ltd.7 of 15
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks8 of 15
- Photo: Getty Images North America9 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 15
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage11 of 15
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: KH1/WENN13 of 15
- Photo: FS2/WENN14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- First Look at Colton Haynes' Superhero Alter Ego on 'Arrow' (Photo)MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:22:00 PM
- Alicia Keys to Mentor Pharrell Williams' Team on 'The Voice'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:11:00 PM
- CW Pulls 'Seed,' 'Backpackers' From ScheduleMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:03:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'
In an interview with The New York Daily News, Olivia Munn admitted to suffering from an impulse control disorder known as trichotillomania.
"I don't bite my nails, but I rip out my eyelashes," the 32-year-old actress explained. "It doesn't hurt, but it's really annoying. Every time I run out of the house, I have to stop and pick up a whole set of fake eyelashes."
Munn, who is currently dating "The Killings" actor Joel Kinnaman, 32, also admits to having social anxiety disorder. "I don't think anyone would describe me as weak, but I don't want people to be mean to me," she said. "As an Air Force kid, I moved around a lot when I was younger and no one was nice to the new kid. So there is always this feeling that someone will make fun of me."
Though her career is hotter than ever, thanks to roles in "Magic Mike," HBO's "The Newsroom" and the upcoming flick "The Babymakers," Munn doesn't buy into her own hype. "I know how lucky I am, but I won't allow myself to get sucked in by all the talk. Talk is just for a moment," she said. "This career has to last for a long time."
"People tell me, 'Your work won't keep you warm at night,'" Munn told The New York Daily News. "But it does pay for my heat and my down comforter, so it technically does."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite