Olivia Munn Opens Up About Rare Disorder: I Rip Out My Eyelashes
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Ltd.1 of 15
- Photo: Zavar/NPG2 of 15
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet3 of 15
- Photo: @oliviamunn/Twitter4 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 15
- Photo: Michael Kovac/Getty Images North America6 of 15
- Photo: © Richard Shotwell/Retna Ltd.7 of 15
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks8 of 15
- Photo: Getty Images North America9 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 15
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage11 of 15
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: KH1/WENN13 of 15
- Photo: FS2/WENN14 of 15
More Celeb News
- News Corp. Taps Sony Veteran Jim Kennedy as Chief Communications OfficerMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 9:25:14 AM
- Super Bowl TV Advertising Sold Out, Fox SaysMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 9:09:51 AM
- AXS TV Orders Third Season of 'The World's Greatest Tribute Bands' (ExcluMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 9:04:28 AM
- 'American Hustle' Review: It's Grifters vs. Feds in David O. Russell&MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 9:00:22 AM
- Ratings: 'Voice' Rebounds, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Fall Finale FlatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 8:26:57 AM
- News Corp. Taps Sony Veteran Jim Kennedy as Chief Communications Officer
In an interview with The New York Daily News, Olivia Munn admitted to suffering from an impulse control disorder known as trichotillomania.
"I don't bite my nails, but I rip out my eyelashes," the 32-year-old actress explained. "It doesn't hurt, but it's really annoying. Every time I run out of the house, I have to stop and pick up a whole set of fake eyelashes."
Munn, who is currently dating "The Killings" actor Joel Kinnaman, 32, also admits to having social anxiety disorder. "I don't think anyone would describe me as weak, but I don't want people to be mean to me," she said. "As an Air Force kid, I moved around a lot when I was younger and no one was nice to the new kid. So there is always this feeling that someone will make fun of me."
Though her career is hotter than ever, thanks to roles in "Magic Mike," HBO's "The Newsroom" and the upcoming flick "The Babymakers," Munn doesn't buy into her own hype. "I know how lucky I am, but I won't allow myself to get sucked in by all the talk. Talk is just for a moment," she said. "This career has to last for a long time."
"People tell me, 'Your work won't keep you warm at night,'" Munn told The New York Daily News. "But it does pay for my heat and my down comforter, so it technically does."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Khloe Kardashian and more are spotted at Drake's concert in Los Angeles on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »
See the first photos of Mario Lopez's newborn son, Dominic Lopez, on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Get all the pregnancy rumor scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew 'Do
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite