Olivia Munn Opens Up About Rare Disorder: I Rip Out My Eyelashes
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Ltd.1 of 15
- Photo: Zavar/NPG2 of 15
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet3 of 15
- Photo: @oliviamunn/Twitter4 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 15
- Photo: Michael Kovac/Getty Images North America6 of 15
- Photo: © Richard Shotwell/Retna Ltd.7 of 15
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks8 of 15
- Photo: Getty Images North America9 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 15
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage11 of 15
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: KH1/WENN13 of 15
- Photo: FS2/WENN14 of 15
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
In an interview with The New York Daily News, Olivia Munn admitted to suffering from an impulse control disorder known as trichotillomania.
"I don't bite my nails, but I rip out my eyelashes," the 32-year-old actress explained. "It doesn't hurt, but it's really annoying. Every time I run out of the house, I have to stop and pick up a whole set of fake eyelashes."
Munn, who is currently dating "The Killings" actor Joel Kinnaman, 32, also admits to having social anxiety disorder. "I don't think anyone would describe me as weak, but I don't want people to be mean to me," she said. "As an Air Force kid, I moved around a lot when I was younger and no one was nice to the new kid. So there is always this feeling that someone will make fun of me."
Though her career is hotter than ever, thanks to roles in "Magic Mike," HBO's "The Newsroom" and the upcoming flick "The Babymakers," Munn doesn't buy into her own hype. "I know how lucky I am, but I won't allow myself to get sucked in by all the talk. Talk is just for a moment," she said. "This career has to last for a long time."
"People tell me, 'Your work won't keep you warm at night,'" Munn told The New York Daily News. "But it does pay for my heat and my down comforter, so it technically does."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCat's in the Bag
From Crowd Ignite