Olivia Newton-John calls for cancer charity donations after sister's death
- Photo: Lennart Preiss/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Paramount/Promotional2 of 11
- Photo: Awais/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 11
- Photo: Stewart Cook / Rex USA/Wonderwall4 of 11
- Photo: "Grease"/Promotional5 of 11
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage.com6 of 11
- Photo: Grease/Promotional7 of 11
- Photo: Paramount Pictures/Promotional8 of 11
- Photo: Anna Pocaro/LEP/Splash News9 of 11
- Photo: Jeremy Piper/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Blasts Past The Rock's 'HerMSNEntertainment 7/26/2014 8:16:00 AM
- Sam Raimi Writing 'Evil Dead' TV Series That Will Include Bruce CampbellMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:36:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Fires Writer Over Multiple Instances of PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:31:00 PM
- Fox at Comic-Con: James Bond Is Whack, We're Making Movies With Balls (and Jokes)MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:26:00 PM
- Sleepy Hollow Season 2: Is Ichabod a Gleek? MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:21:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Blasts Past The Rock's 'Her
By firstname.lastname@example.org (WENN Newsdesk)
Olivia Newton-John is urging fans to donate to a cancer facility in her native Australia in memory of her sister, who lost her fight against the disease last week.
The "Grease" star's sibling, Rona, was diagnosed with brain cancer earlier this year, and the singer/actress called off her Las Vegas residency to spend time with her.
RELATED: Celeb Breast Cancer Survivors
Rona passed away on Friday at the age of 70, and Newton-John has shared her grief with fans in a post on her website.
She writes, "My beautiful sister Rona sadly passed on May 24th in Los Angeles. It was May 25th in Australia -- which was our mother Irene's birthday. Rona died of a very aggressive brain tumor and mercifully suffered no pain."
RELATED: Stars attend Stand Up To Cancer
"She was surrounded by the love of her four children -- Fiona, Brett, Tottie and Emerson and, her wonderful friends. I will miss her forever -- my beautiful, smart, talented, funny, brave sister Rona."
Newton-John has requested fans avoid sending flowers to mark Rona's passing and instead donate to the Olivia Newton-John Cancer and Wellness Centre at the Austin Hospital in Melbourne, where a new program will be created in her sister's memory.
She adds, "In lieu of flowers the family would appreciate donations to the Olivia Newton-John Cancer and Wellness Centre where a brain tumor wellness program will be started in her name. Thank you all for your kind words of love and support."
The 64-year-old entertainer, a breast cancer survivor, helped launch the multi-million dollar center last year.
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite