Olivia Newton-John to Sell 'Grease' Outfit for Charity
- Photo: Paramount/Promotional1 of 7
- Photo: Jeremy Piper/Invision/AP2 of 7
- Photo: "Grease"/Promotional3 of 7
- Photo: "Grease"/Promotional4 of 7
- Photo: Grease/Promotional5 of 7
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York CityMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:07:00 AM
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Pedro Almodovar Condemn Israel for Gaza AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:04:00 AM
- Ethan Hawke, Kevin Smith, Jean-Luc Godard Among New Crop of Directors Sending Films to TorontoMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Die Hard Star James Shigeta Dies at 81MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:49:00 AM
- Earnings: New York Times Co. Profit Down 21% in Q2MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:43:00 AM
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York City
Olivia Newton-John is planning to sell off the famous skintight pants she wore in "Grease" to raise money for a cancer center in her hometown.
She had to be sewn into the black trousers for the 1978 film's finale and she took them home with her after the shoot wrapped.
Newton-John has kept them locked away for more than 30 years, only bringing them out to show Oprah Winfrey during an appearance on her talk show in 2011.
However, she is now hoping to offer them up for an auction to benefit a new wellness facility for cancer patients at the Austin Hospital in Melbourne, Australia.
She tells Fox411, "They're in a closet. Oprah had them on the show because she asked me to bring them. That's the only time they've been out. One day I'm going to sell them for my cancer and wellness center; I'm going to auction them off. ...They were made in the '50s and we made the movie in the late '70s, so they were already 25 years old when I wore them."
Newton-John is also hoping to raise money for the clinic with her cookbook of healthy recipes called "Livewise: Easy Recipes for a Healthy, Happy Life."
She adds, "I needed to raise money for the wellness center that I'm building. ...The wellness center opens next month. It's taken nearly 10 years. It was my dream to have it as part of the hospital so when people are going through their cancer treatments they can get support from the wellness center on the grounds of the hospital. There will be yoga classes, cooking classes, massage therapy, acupuncture, things that are going to help them, through their cancer, and their families."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite