Olivia Newton-John to Sell 'Grease' Outfit for Charity
- Photo: Paramount/Promotional1 of 7
- Photo: Jeremy Piper/Invision/AP2 of 7
- Photo: "Grease"/Promotional3 of 7
- Photo: "Grease"/Promotional4 of 7
- Photo: Grease/Promotional5 of 7
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- David Anderle, Record Producer and Music Executive, Dead at 77MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 4:35:00 PM
- Susan Lyne to Exit Post as AOL Brand Group CEOMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 4:09:00 PM
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Publicity Team Apologizes for 'Headless Day' CamMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 3:45:00 PM
- IMG Names Karen Brodkin President of Business AffairsMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 3:10:00 PM
- Netflix Launching Selective Facebook RecommendationsMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 2:41:00 PM
- David Anderle, Record Producer and Music Executive, Dead at 77
Olivia Newton-John is planning to sell off the famous skintight pants she wore in "Grease" to raise money for a cancer center in her hometown.
She had to be sewn into the black trousers for the 1978 film's finale and she took them home with her after the shoot wrapped.
Newton-John has kept them locked away for more than 30 years, only bringing them out to show Oprah Winfrey during an appearance on her talk show in 2011.
However, she is now hoping to offer them up for an auction to benefit a new wellness facility for cancer patients at the Austin Hospital in Melbourne, Australia.
She tells Fox411, "They're in a closet. Oprah had them on the show because she asked me to bring them. That's the only time they've been out. One day I'm going to sell them for my cancer and wellness center; I'm going to auction them off. ...They were made in the '50s and we made the movie in the late '70s, so they were already 25 years old when I wore them."
Newton-John is also hoping to raise money for the clinic with her cookbook of healthy recipes called "Livewise: Easy Recipes for a Healthy, Happy Life."
She adds, "I needed to raise money for the wellness center that I'm building. ...The wellness center opens next month. It's taken nearly 10 years. It was my dream to have it as part of the hospital so when people are going through their cancer treatments they can get support from the wellness center on the grounds of the hospital. There will be yoga classes, cooking classes, massage therapy, acupuncture, things that are going to help them, through their cancer, and their families."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Eva
From Crowd Ignite