Olivia Newton-John to Sell 'Grease' Outfit for Charity
- Photo: Paramount/Promotional1 of 7
- Photo: Jeremy Piper/AP2 of 7
- Photo: "Grease"/Promotional3 of 7
- Photo: "Grease"/Promotional4 of 7
- Photo: Grease/Promotional5 of 7
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 3:03:43 PM
- Bill Hader on 'SNL': Wacky, Tacky Wedding Farewell (Video) MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:55:41 PM
- The Weinstein Company Checks Into 'Suite Francaise' With Michelle WilliamsMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:53:24 PM
- Wrekin Hill Acquires U.S. Rights to John Malkovich Movie 'Siberian Education'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:34:32 PM
- 'Senna' Director Asif Kapadia to Direct Love Story 'Ali and Nino&aposMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:11:10 PM
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'
Olivia Newton-John is planning to sell off the famous skintight pants she wore in "Grease" to raise money for a cancer center in her hometown.
She had to be sewn into the black trousers for the 1978 film's finale and she took them home with her after the shoot wrapped.
Newton-John has kept them locked away for more than 30 years, only bringing them out to show Oprah Winfrey during an appearance on her talk show in 2011.
However, she is now hoping to offer them up for an auction to benefit a new wellness facility for cancer patients at the Austin Hospital in Melbourne, Australia.
She tells Fox411, "They're in a closet. Oprah had them on the show because she asked me to bring them. That's the only time they've been out. One day I'm going to sell them for my cancer and wellness center; I'm going to auction them off. ...They were made in the '50s and we made the movie in the late '70s, so they were already 25 years old when I wore them."
Newton-John is also hoping to raise money for the clinic with her cookbook of healthy recipes called "Livewise: Easy Recipes for a Healthy, Happy Life."
She adds, "I needed to raise money for the wellness center that I'm building. ...The wellness center opens next month. It's taken nearly 10 years. It was my dream to have it as part of the hospital so when people are going through their cancer treatments they can get support from the wellness center on the grounds of the hospital. There will be yoga classes, cooking classes, massage therapy, acupuncture, things that are going to help them, through their cancer, and their families."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 17, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 16, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 15, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 14, 2013
- 7 Most Outrageous Gwyneth Paltrow Quotes
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 10, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 9, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 8, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 7, 2013
- 7 Best Bikini Bods
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 3, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 2, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 1, 2013
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Check out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
Florence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite