Olivia Wilde Calls It Quits With Italian Prince HubbyRelated: Hot Gossip, Olivia Wilde
- Photo: LT2/HSS/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 7
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com4 of 7
- Photo: John Salangsang/Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: Charles Sykes/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard PrizeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 11:05:21 AM
- Cannes: Lesbian Coming-of-Age Story 'Blue Is the Warmest Color' Wins Fipresci PrizMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 10:48:45 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Driving Record Memorial Day Weekend at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 7:34:58 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: From Bloody Fun to Bloody SchlockMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 6:55:12 AM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard Prize
By Kat Giantis
Olivia Wilde won't be getting a happily-ever-after. People magazine reports the looker's fairy tale romance with Tao Ruspoli, a real-life Italian prince, has gone belly-up after eight years of marriage.
"They have been living apart after trying for quite some time to make their relationship work," shares an insider.
Wilde's rep confirms the pair has separated.
"It was Olivia's decision … for the typical Hollywood reasons," a spy tells Us. "Her career has exploded and she saw being married is not as much fun. She feels she missed out on being single getting married so young and wants to sow her wild oats."
Echoes another source, "Olivia got married really young. She's done a lot of growing since then, just like anyone would. ... They've just grown in different directions."
The actress, 26, tied the knot with Ruspoli, 35, a filmmaker and musician, when she was just 18, accepting a proposal at that most romantic of locales -- Burning Man.
"We eloped," she told the January issue of Women's Health of their speedy six-month courtship. "There was nothing traditional about it."
Their 2003 wedding was a decidedly down-market affair, with the self-described "hippie" couple secretly swapping vows on an old school bus with their best friends as witnesses.
"It was all about the intimacy of the promise we were making," Olivia explained to the December issue of Playboy.
Still, she went into marriage knowing that there's no such thing as Prince Charming.
"You're not thinking, 'We must be perfect!'" Wilde told Women's Health of getting hitched. "It was, 'Hey, isn't this an optimistic thing to do? And if it lasts, we're lucky.'"
But Olivia's personal luck was apparently at odds with her professional luck, which included a stint on "House" and big-screen roles in "Tron: Legacy" and the forthcoming "Cowboys & Aliens."
"She is a hot property now," a source points out to Us. "It was weighing her down being married."
RELATED: Olivia Wilde vs. Olivia Munn
- Chief BeefKaty Perry incites a Twitter feud with a 17-year-old rapper. Get the dirty details on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Fashion BluesKourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Fights & FeudsGet the scoop on some of the most recent Hollywood feuds on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Svelte BodKhloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Last TripGet the scoop on Kim’s final pre-baby Parisian getaway on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite