Olivia Wilde Calls It Quits With Italian Prince HubbyRelated: Hot Gossip, Olivia Wilde
- Photo: LT2/HSS/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 7
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com4 of 7
- Photo: John Salangsang/Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: Charles Sykes/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:51:00 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Opening Day Universal's Best-Ever in U.K.MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:26:21 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Much Ado About Absolutely EverythingMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 7:31:58 AM
- The Curious Case of Benicio del Toro in 'Jimmy P'MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 3:29:59 AM
- Wentworth Media Launches to Finance, Produce MoviesMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 2:00:07 AM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office
By Kat Giantis
Olivia Wilde won't be getting a happily-ever-after. People magazine reports the looker's fairy tale romance with Tao Ruspoli, a real-life Italian prince, has gone belly-up after eight years of marriage.
"They have been living apart after trying for quite some time to make their relationship work," shares an insider.
Wilde's rep confirms the pair has separated.
"It was Olivia's decision … for the typical Hollywood reasons," a spy tells Us. "Her career has exploded and she saw being married is not as much fun. She feels she missed out on being single getting married so young and wants to sow her wild oats."
Echoes another source, "Olivia got married really young. She's done a lot of growing since then, just like anyone would. ... They've just grown in different directions."
The actress, 26, tied the knot with Ruspoli, 35, a filmmaker and musician, when she was just 18, accepting a proposal at that most romantic of locales -- Burning Man.
"We eloped," she told the January issue of Women's Health of their speedy six-month courtship. "There was nothing traditional about it."
Their 2003 wedding was a decidedly down-market affair, with the self-described "hippie" couple secretly swapping vows on an old school bus with their best friends as witnesses.
"It was all about the intimacy of the promise we were making," Olivia explained to the December issue of Playboy.
Still, she went into marriage knowing that there's no such thing as Prince Charming.
"You're not thinking, 'We must be perfect!'" Wilde told Women's Health of getting hitched. "It was, 'Hey, isn't this an optimistic thing to do? And if it lasts, we're lucky.'"
But Olivia's personal luck was apparently at odds with her professional luck, which included a stint on "House" and big-screen roles in "Tron: Legacy" and the forthcoming "Cowboys & Aliens."
"She is a hot property now," a source points out to Us. "It was weighing her down being married."
RELATED: Olivia Wilde vs. Olivia Munn
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite