Olivia Wilde Calls It Quits With Italian Prince HubbyRelated: Hot Gossip, Olivia Wilde
- Photo: LT2/HSS/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 7
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com4 of 7
- Photo: John Salangsang/Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: Charles Sykes/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- McCain: It's Common Sense That Consumers Should Choose Their Cable ChannelsMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 6:54:19 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Robert Redford's All Wet, and So Is the FestMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 6:04:40 AM
- Celeb birthdays for the week of May 26-June 1MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 10:01:00 PM
- 6 Lessons Hollywood Needs to Learn From 'The Fast & The Furious'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 7:46:16 PM
- YouTube Network FullScreen Hires HBO Go Co-Creator Tim MohnMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 7:46:16 PM
- McCain: It's Common Sense That Consumers Should Choose Their Cable Channels
By Kat Giantis
Olivia Wilde won't be getting a happily-ever-after. People magazine reports the looker's fairy tale romance with Tao Ruspoli, a real-life Italian prince, has gone belly-up after eight years of marriage.
"They have been living apart after trying for quite some time to make their relationship work," shares an insider.
Wilde's rep confirms the pair has separated.
"It was Olivia's decision … for the typical Hollywood reasons," a spy tells Us. "Her career has exploded and she saw being married is not as much fun. She feels she missed out on being single getting married so young and wants to sow her wild oats."
Echoes another source, "Olivia got married really young. She's done a lot of growing since then, just like anyone would. ... They've just grown in different directions."
The actress, 26, tied the knot with Ruspoli, 35, a filmmaker and musician, when she was just 18, accepting a proposal at that most romantic of locales -- Burning Man.
"We eloped," she told the January issue of Women's Health of their speedy six-month courtship. "There was nothing traditional about it."
Their 2003 wedding was a decidedly down-market affair, with the self-described "hippie" couple secretly swapping vows on an old school bus with their best friends as witnesses.
"It was all about the intimacy of the promise we were making," Olivia explained to the December issue of Playboy.
Still, she went into marriage knowing that there's no such thing as Prince Charming.
"You're not thinking, 'We must be perfect!'" Wilde told Women's Health of getting hitched. "It was, 'Hey, isn't this an optimistic thing to do? And if it lasts, we're lucky.'"
But Olivia's personal luck was apparently at odds with her professional luck, which included a stint on "House" and big-screen roles in "Tron: Legacy" and the forthcoming "Cowboys & Aliens."
"She is a hot property now," a source points out to Us. "It was weighing her down being married."
RELATED: Olivia Wilde vs. Olivia Munn
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite