Olivia Wilde tells how she knew her marriage was over
- Photo: RWO/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com2 of 13
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks3 of 13
- Photo: © Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.4 of 13
- Photo: ADAM NEMSER/StarTraks5 of 13
- Photo: ADAM NEMSER/StarTraks6 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: Hector Vallenilla/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Premiere/RR//Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
Actress Olivia Wilde says she knew her marriage was over the day she and her now-ex-husband completed renovations on their new house, because it didn't feel like home for her.
RELATED: Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis' PDA
The "Tron: Legacy" star ended her eight-year marriage to Italian prince Tao Ruspoli last year.
In a frank TV chat on "The Conversation With Amanda de Cadenet," which aired on Thursday, May 31, the pretty star said, "We'd just finished a huge renovation on the house. ... We built a new house and it was perfect. ... The day it was finished is when I knew it wasn't the house. I think that I finally started being really honest with myself and that was the scariest thing to do. (I said), I am the luckiest person on Earth: There is this extraordinary person who is my partner in life, everything seems perfect, why aren't I happy?'
RELATED: Strange Celeb Health Habits
I kept trying to do different things, change different things to make everyone happy, and I moved houses ... I changed all the outside stuff ... I thought, 'It's the house. It's wrong for us and it's making us something we're not and we've lost something'; and I thought, 'It's the environment. ... We need nature'; ... I kept thinking, 'We need grass.' We get the house, get the grass -- it's still not working, so I think, 'We've got to renovate the whole thing,' and I would literally walk into the room of a house that I bought because I loved ... and I'd say, 'I'm being decapitated; the house is decapitating me,' and he would say, 'OK, we'll bust up the ceilings.' He was really trying to accommodate all these requests."
RELATED: Hollywood's Greatest Girlfriends
Wilde admits she still has regrets about ending her marriage: "You don't want to break up with someone, you don't want to end a marriage, especially if you really like the person. You just know that something's off and so you try to change everything else. The day I knew I had to ask for a divorce was the worst day of my life. ... I had no idea how to be alone."
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite