Olivier Martinez Finally Confirms Halle Berry Engagement
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Craig Barritt/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Chris Weeks/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: StarFeine.com/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: © RD/ Kabik//Retna Digital5 of 16
- Photo: Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: MAP/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: MAP/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: OPA/ZOJ/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Scott Kirkland/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
As Us Weekly exclusively reported in January, Halle Berry got engaged to Olivier Martinez over the holidays, but neither star has talked about their happy news -- until now.
At the opening of his restaurant Villa Azur in Miami Saturday, Martinez, 46, confirmed his engagement to Miami.com: "Yes, of course we're engaged!"
Berry, 45, first met French actor Martinez while working on the film "Dark Tide"; they stepped out as a couple in the fall of 2010.
Martinez also addressed rumors surrounding Berry's engagement ring. "There is a jeweler taking credit for doing the ring and it's a lie!" he said. "They have nothing to do with this."
The bauble was actually designed by Robert Mazlo, a jeweler from Martinez's Saint-Germain-des-Pres neighborhood in Paris. According to the actor-turned-restaurateur, Mazlo is "a real artist" whose family has been designing jewelry for "kings and queens for many centuries."
Berry, who has a 3-year-old daughter, Nahla, with ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry, has been married twice before. She wed former baseball player David Justice in 1993 and divorced four years later. She then married R&B singer Eric Benet in 2001, only to separate in 2003 and finalize their divorce in 2005. Martinez dated Kylie Minogue for several years before splitting in 2007.
A source previously told Us Berry "had given up on being married, but she trusts Olivier. He makes her feel safe. He's a keeper!"
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite