Olivier Martinez Finally Confirms Halle Berry Engagement
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Craig Barritt/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Chris Weeks/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: StarFeine.com/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: © RD/ Kabik//Retna Digital5 of 16
- Photo: Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: MAP/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: MAP/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: OPA/ZOJ/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Scott Kirkland/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Review: 'Veronica' a solid cinematic turnMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 8:22:59 AM
- Belgian jazz musician Thielemans retires at 91MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 8:13:21 AM
- Dogs 'muttbomb' celebrities to boost adoptionsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 7:55:32 AM
- Book of Oprah Winfrey columns to be published in fallMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 7:06:17 AM
- Hogan's Heroes Star Cynthia Lynn Dies at 76MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 6:39:00 AM
- Review: 'Veronica' a solid cinematic turn
As Us Weekly exclusively reported in January, Halle Berry got engaged to Olivier Martinez over the holidays, but neither star has talked about their happy news -- until now.
At the opening of his restaurant Villa Azur in Miami Saturday, Martinez, 46, confirmed his engagement to Miami.com: "Yes, of course we're engaged!"
Berry, 45, first met French actor Martinez while working on the film "Dark Tide"; they stepped out as a couple in the fall of 2010.
Martinez also addressed rumors surrounding Berry's engagement ring. "There is a jeweler taking credit for doing the ring and it's a lie!" he said. "They have nothing to do with this."
The bauble was actually designed by Robert Mazlo, a jeweler from Martinez's Saint-Germain-des-Pres neighborhood in Paris. According to the actor-turned-restaurateur, Mazlo is "a real artist" whose family has been designing jewelry for "kings and queens for many centuries."
Berry, who has a 3-year-old daughter, Nahla, with ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry, has been married twice before. She wed former baseball player David Justice in 1993 and divorced four years later. She then married R&B singer Eric Benet in 2001, only to separate in 2003 and finalize their divorce in 2005. Martinez dated Kylie Minogue for several years before splitting in 2007.
A source previously told Us Berry "had given up on being married, but she trusts Olivier. He makes her feel safe. He's a keeper!"
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From the Atkins Diet to aerial fitness classes, see what stars like Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba and Beyonce do to keep in shape.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite