Elizabeth Olsen: 'Winslet inspired me to bare all'
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.1 of 14
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital2 of 14
- Photo: Craig McDean/Vogue3 of 14
- Photo: Craig McDean/Vogue4 of 14
- Photo: Craig McDean/Vogue5 of 14
- Photo: WENN6 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 14
- Photo: Craig McDean/Vogue8 of 14
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks9 of 14
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN/Jordan Strauss/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News11 of 14
- Photo: Splash News12 of 14
- Photo: Retna Digital13 of 14
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
Elizabeth Olsen has credited Kate Winslet with giving her the "courage" to bare all on camera after fearing she would ruin her career by stripping off.
The Hollywood newcomer, who is the younger sister of actress twins Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, was terrified about shooting naked scenes for new movie "Martha Marcy May Marlene."
But after seeing Winslet appear completely nude in 1999 movie "Holy Smoke," the 22 year old admits she felt inspired to shed her clothes for the drama, in which she plays a young woman who flees from a cult.
She explains, "(Martha Marcy May Marlene is) only my second film, I got nervous. 'Wait, does this set a precedent for me? Are people going to think I'm just game for that?' Because I'm not. When it's sensationalized or gratuitous, I have no interest in it. But for this movie, it's so a part of the nature theme that's explored and the loss of identity...
"Kate Winslet in that film (Holy Smoke) has much more difficult, physically vulnerable scenes than I did in this movie and it was so impactful. And I was thinking, 'Look at her career now. She's not pigeonholed, it just is the story.' And that was a lesson to learn, to look up to her career as something that's pretty ideal in my mind... That gave me a type of courage of being like, 'I'm going to support the movie, this tells the story better, this is important for the story and that's that.'"
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite