Elizabeth Olsen: 'Winslet inspired me to bare all'
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.1 of 14
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital2 of 14
- Photo: Craig McDean/Vogue3 of 14
- Photo: Craig McDean/Vogue4 of 14
- Photo: Craig McDean/Vogue5 of 14
- Photo: WENN6 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 14
- Photo: Craig McDean/Vogue8 of 14
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks9 of 14
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN/Jordan Strauss/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News11 of 14
- Photo: Splash News12 of 14
- Photo: Retna Digital13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Lake Bell to Direct 'The Emperor's Children' for Brian Grazer, ImagineMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 4:15:00 PM
- Black TV Producer Mistaken for Bank Robber: Beverly Hills PD 'Deeply Regrets' ErroMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:46:00 PM
- Ad Spending to Hit Record $172 Billion Next Year; Digital to Overtake in 2017MSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:23:00 PM
- Pierce Brosnan Spy Thriller 'November Man' Targets Older Action Fans at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:09:00 PM
- 'Babel's' Adriana Barraza to Play Pablo Escobar's Mother in NetfMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:00:00 PM
- Lake Bell to Direct 'The Emperor's Children' for Brian Grazer, Imagine
Elizabeth Olsen has credited Kate Winslet with giving her the "courage" to bare all on camera after fearing she would ruin her career by stripping off.
The Hollywood newcomer, who is the younger sister of actress twins Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, was terrified about shooting naked scenes for new movie "Martha Marcy May Marlene."
But after seeing Winslet appear completely nude in 1999 movie "Holy Smoke," the 22 year old admits she felt inspired to shed her clothes for the drama, in which she plays a young woman who flees from a cult.
She explains, "(Martha Marcy May Marlene is) only my second film, I got nervous. 'Wait, does this set a precedent for me? Are people going to think I'm just game for that?' Because I'm not. When it's sensationalized or gratuitous, I have no interest in it. But for this movie, it's so a part of the nature theme that's explored and the loss of identity...
"Kate Winslet in that film (Holy Smoke) has much more difficult, physically vulnerable scenes than I did in this movie and it was so impactful. And I was thinking, 'Look at her career now. She's not pigeonholed, it just is the story.' And that was a lesson to learn, to look up to her career as something that's pretty ideal in my mind... That gave me a type of courage of being like, 'I'm going to support the movie, this tells the story better, this is important for the story and that's that.'"
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite