Elizabeth Olsen: 'Winslet inspired me to bare all'
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.1 of 14
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital2 of 14
- Photo: Craig McDean/Vogue3 of 14
- Photo: Craig McDean/Vogue4 of 14
- Photo: Craig McDean/Vogue5 of 14
- Photo: WENN6 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 14
- Photo: Craig McDean/Vogue8 of 14
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks9 of 14
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN/Jordan Strauss/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News11 of 14
- Photo: Splash News12 of 14
- Photo: Retna Digital13 of 14
More Celeb News
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Nicki Minaj Welcome at This NY High School, After Alma Mater Rejects HerMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Ashley Judd Has Tough Couple of Weekends at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:47:00 PM
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Claims She Was Detained by LAPD, Mistaken for ProstitutMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:36:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars' Julianne Hough: "I Might Be Even Harder on Derek"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 1:34:00 PM
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"
Elizabeth Olsen has credited Kate Winslet with giving her the "courage" to bare all on camera after fearing she would ruin her career by stripping off.
The Hollywood newcomer, who is the younger sister of actress twins Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, was terrified about shooting naked scenes for new movie "Martha Marcy May Marlene."
But after seeing Winslet appear completely nude in 1999 movie "Holy Smoke," the 22 year old admits she felt inspired to shed her clothes for the drama, in which she plays a young woman who flees from a cult.
She explains, "(Martha Marcy May Marlene is) only my second film, I got nervous. 'Wait, does this set a precedent for me? Are people going to think I'm just game for that?' Because I'm not. When it's sensationalized or gratuitous, I have no interest in it. But for this movie, it's so a part of the nature theme that's explored and the loss of identity...
"Kate Winslet in that film (Holy Smoke) has much more difficult, physically vulnerable scenes than I did in this movie and it was so impactful. And I was thinking, 'Look at her career now. She's not pigeonholed, it just is the story.' And that was a lesson to learn, to look up to her career as something that's pretty ideal in my mind... That gave me a type of courage of being like, 'I'm going to support the movie, this tells the story better, this is important for the story and that's that.'"
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew 'Do
From Crowd Ignite