Elizabeth Olsen: 'Winslet inspired me to bare all'
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.1 of 14
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital2 of 14
- Photo: Craig McDean/Vogue3 of 14
- Photo: Craig McDean/Vogue4 of 14
- Photo: Craig McDean/Vogue5 of 14
- Photo: WENN6 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 14
- Photo: Craig McDean/Vogue8 of 14
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks9 of 14
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN/Jordan Strauss/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News11 of 14
- Photo: Splash News12 of 14
- Photo: Retna Digital13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Laura Benanti Is Headed to NashvilleMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Alex Kurtzman to Direct 'The Mummy' Reboot for UniversalMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 3:09:00 PM
- John Goodman in Talks to Join Bryan Cranston in Jay Roach's 'Trumbo' (ExcMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 2:51:00 PM
- The Best Life Lessons We Learned from Sex and the CityMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 2:39:00 PM
- Guess Why Chris Pratt Stole His 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star-Lord Outfit?MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 2:32:00 PM
- Laura Benanti Is Headed to Nashville
Elizabeth Olsen has credited Kate Winslet with giving her the "courage" to bare all on camera after fearing she would ruin her career by stripping off.
The Hollywood newcomer, who is the younger sister of actress twins Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, was terrified about shooting naked scenes for new movie "Martha Marcy May Marlene."
But after seeing Winslet appear completely nude in 1999 movie "Holy Smoke," the 22 year old admits she felt inspired to shed her clothes for the drama, in which she plays a young woman who flees from a cult.
She explains, "(Martha Marcy May Marlene is) only my second film, I got nervous. 'Wait, does this set a precedent for me? Are people going to think I'm just game for that?' Because I'm not. When it's sensationalized or gratuitous, I have no interest in it. But for this movie, it's so a part of the nature theme that's explored and the loss of identity...
"Kate Winslet in that film (Holy Smoke) has much more difficult, physically vulnerable scenes than I did in this movie and it was so impactful. And I was thinking, 'Look at her career now. She's not pigeonholed, it just is the story.' And that was a lesson to learn, to look up to her career as something that's pretty ideal in my mind... That gave me a type of courage of being like, 'I'm going to support the movie, this tells the story better, this is important for the story and that's that.'"
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Kristen Stewart, Kate Hudson, and Jennifer Lopez all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite