Elizabeth Olsen: 'Winslet inspired me to bare all'
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.1 of 14
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital2 of 14
- Photo: Craig McDean/Vogue3 of 14
- Photo: Craig McDean/Vogue4 of 14
- Photo: Craig McDean/Vogue5 of 14
- Photo: WENN6 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 14
- Photo: Craig McDean/Vogue8 of 14
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks9 of 14
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN/Jordan Strauss/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News11 of 14
- Photo: Splash News12 of 14
- Photo: Retna Digital13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Jeff Gaspin, Jon Klein to Launch Multichannel Online Video PlatformMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:47:00 AM
- Jamie Foxx, Kevin Hart in Talks to Star in Hitman Movie 'The Black Phantom'MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:45:00 AM
- Ratings: Bachelor Finale Hits Season High; Bones Returns UpMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:30:00 AM
- SAG Awards Key Dates AnnouncedMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:15:00 AM
- Disney In Talks to Buy Maker Studios for $500M+MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:08:00 AM
- Jeff Gaspin, Jon Klein to Launch Multichannel Online Video Platform
Elizabeth Olsen has credited Kate Winslet with giving her the "courage" to bare all on camera after fearing she would ruin her career by stripping off.
The Hollywood newcomer, who is the younger sister of actress twins Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, was terrified about shooting naked scenes for new movie "Martha Marcy May Marlene."
But after seeing Winslet appear completely nude in 1999 movie "Holy Smoke," the 22 year old admits she felt inspired to shed her clothes for the drama, in which she plays a young woman who flees from a cult.
She explains, "(Martha Marcy May Marlene is) only my second film, I got nervous. 'Wait, does this set a precedent for me? Are people going to think I'm just game for that?' Because I'm not. When it's sensationalized or gratuitous, I have no interest in it. But for this movie, it's so a part of the nature theme that's explored and the loss of identity...
"Kate Winslet in that film (Holy Smoke) has much more difficult, physically vulnerable scenes than I did in this movie and it was so impactful. And I was thinking, 'Look at her career now. She's not pigeonholed, it just is the story.' And that was a lesson to learn, to look up to her career as something that's pretty ideal in my mind... That gave me a type of courage of being like, 'I'm going to support the movie, this tells the story better, this is important for the story and that's that.'"
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite