Orlando Bloom: Three-Story Fall Changed My Life
- Photo: Homero Tercero/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: TitoMedia.com.au/Splash News2 of 16
- Photo: J.Sciulli/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage.com5 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: David G. Morgan/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: Gardiner Anderson/Bauer-Griffin8 of 16
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin9 of 16
- Photo: Cristina Guler/Bauer-Griffin10 of 16
- Photo: Luca Sgro/Bauer-Griffin11 of 16
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin12 of 16
- Photo: WENN13 of 16
- Photo: WENN14 of 16
- Photo: WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After HospitalizationMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:52:00 PM
- White House Responds to Justin Bieber Deportation PetitionMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:41:00 PM
- White House Responds to 'Deport Justin Bieber' Petition: Is This the End for Our FMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 1:49:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to Prom
Thirteen years ago, Orlando Bloom nearly lost his life -- and his career.
While trying to climb a rooftop terrace with friends, the then 21-year-old fell three stories when the drainpipe he was scaling collapsed. Breaking several vertebrae in his back, Bloom was paralyzed for four days.
"I'm grateful for it," Bloom, now 34, tells the October issue of Men's Health. Following multiple surgeries and 18 months of rehab, Bloom was able to resume his acting career, beginning with 2001's The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.
"I'm always working on my back," the British star says. "It hasn't prevented me from doing anything. But it's a constant reminder."
In fact, the accident helped the actor -- married to supermodel Miranda Kerr -- gain a new lease on life.
"Fear is not a friend of mine. But it's something to have a healthy awareness of," he tells Men's Health. "[But] I can't stop living. It would ruin my creativity, the person I am."
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite