Orlando Bloom: Three-Story Fall Changed My Life
- Photo: Homero Tercero/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: TitoMedia.com.au/Splash News2 of 16
- Photo: J.Sciulli/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage.com5 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: David G. Morgan/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: Gardiner Anderson/Bauer-Griffin8 of 16
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin9 of 16
- Photo: Cristina Guler/Bauer-Griffin10 of 16
- Photo: Luca Sgro/Bauer-Griffin11 of 16
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin12 of 16
- Photo: WENN13 of 16
- Photo: WENN14 of 16
- Photo: WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
Thirteen years ago, Orlando Bloom nearly lost his life -- and his career.
While trying to climb a rooftop terrace with friends, the then 21-year-old fell three stories when the drainpipe he was scaling collapsed. Breaking several vertebrae in his back, Bloom was paralyzed for four days.
"I'm grateful for it," Bloom, now 34, tells the October issue of Men's Health. Following multiple surgeries and 18 months of rehab, Bloom was able to resume his acting career, beginning with 2001's The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.
"I'm always working on my back," the British star says. "It hasn't prevented me from doing anything. But it's a constant reminder."
In fact, the accident helped the actor -- married to supermodel Miranda Kerr -- gain a new lease on life.
"Fear is not a friend of mine. But it's something to have a healthy awareness of," he tells Men's Health. "[But] I can't stop living. It would ruin my creativity, the person I am."
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite