Paltrow a 'Nightmare Hormonal Mess' Working With Gyllenhaal
- Photo: © RD/Scott Kirkland/Retna Digital1 of 8
- Photo: 893/Splash News2 of 8
- Photo: Tony Clark/Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Maryannakis/Johns/Splash News4 of 8
- Photo: Wonderwall5 of 8
- Photo: Alex Jackson/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: James Higgins/Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
"Bottom line, she is not a mere mortal like the rest of us," the actor, 29, said in his introduction. "She is an Internet-savvy, award-winning, lifestyle guru, making all of us look lazy. She doesn't just find a nice guy to settle down with -- she marries a rock star and then domesticates him. She doesn't just cook -- she goes to Spain with Mario Batali and then domesticates him. She is not just a lifestyle guru, but she invents a whole new fitness movement and then convinces me to try it, and I do it, and I am, therefore, domesticated ... sweating my ass off in spandex, which is humbling and embarrassing."
When Paltrow, 38, took the stage, she said she didn't have a speech because, "I kind of wanted to speak from my heart." And she was more candid than ever.
"Jake is gorgeous and hilarious and when we worked together in 'Proof,' I was pregnant and I was a f------ nightmare hormonal mess, but we managed to stay friends through it anyways," she said.
Since "Proof," she said, "I had my kids and everything really changed for me, so I feel so honored that you are honoring me because I feel like I have shifted focus so much.
"I have this really great guy [Coldplay's Chris Martin], and these two great kids, and I feel like that was all a process of getting me to where I am.
"I am a woman in Hollywood and I am a mother in Hollywood and I come from a woman in Hollywood, my mother Blythe," she concluded. "I think that she did such a good job teaching me how to be a woman in Hollywood, teaching me good values, and I hope to pass that on to my kids."
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite