Paltrow's stylist defends sheer no-underwear dress: 'This girl has taste'
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP1 of 5
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/Invision/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: REUTERS/MARIO ANZUONI/Reuters3 of 5
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/Invision/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to HollywoMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 5:00:00 PM
- 'NCIS' Drafts MTV's 'Awkward' Star Nikki DeLoach (ExcluMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:59:00 PM
- OK! Magazine Dumps Digital Team, Launches Search for New Staff (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:58:00 PM
- The Wire Shutting Down and Being Folded Into Atlantic Flagship SiteMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Dallas' Cast Rallies Fans to Watch Season Finale as TNT Mulls RenewalMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:07:00 PM
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to Hollywo
Haters gonna hate, but Gwyneth Paltrow is getting the last laugh. The "Iron Man 3" actress came under fire this past week after walking the red carpet premiere for her new action flick in a revealing Antonio Berardi dress on Wednesday, Apr. 24. But, according to her stylist Elizabeth Saltzman, Paltrow never looked better.
"Not only was it our first choice, it's [also] beautiful, it's cool, it's daring in a no-daring way. Nonthreatening. Elegant," Saltzman told Us Weekly of Paltrow's gown, which featured a sheer side panel that revealed the entire length of her leg, from hip to toe. "It looked great on her … it showed off her body. It's spirit without being vulgar."
Saltzman also pointed out that Paltrow wasn't wearing the gown to nab attention -- rather, the Goop founder was only "having fun" with the outfit and showing off her healthy, toned body.
"The point is that this girl has taste, this girl has confidence," the stylist told Us. "And she's not flaunting anything but the hard work that she's put into being a happy body, happy person, healthy person. You don't see a whole lot of false fakeness going on there like some other people. She's always classic with a twist, classic with an edge."
Adds a source close to the actress: "She honestly felt it was a beautiful dress! Then she realized she couldn't wear underwear with it -- she tried it on with underwear first and then saw how bad it looked -- so she went for it."
"That's how Gwyneth is," the source continued. "She didn't know it would get such a negative reaction. She thought it was beautiful and fit the event."
The gown in question was an item from Berardi's fall/winter 2013 collection, and the actress wore it well, the designer told Grazia magazine. "Gwyneth manages to bridge the gap of glamour and modernity," he told the magazine. "She makes things look iconic!"
The 40-year-old actress sat down with Ellen DeGeneres on her talk show on Friday, Apr. 26, and admitted that she was a bit "humiliated" by the bad press the outfit had garnered. Especially, she shared, because she had a little "disaster" just prior to the red carpet reveal.
"I was doing a show and I changed there and I couldn't wear underwear. I don't think I can tell this story on TV," Paltrow said with a laugh. "Well, let's just say everyone went scrambling for a razor. …I work a '70s vibe. You know what I mean?"
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Sexy TV Stars
From Sofia Vergara to Justin Theroux, check out the rest of TV's hottest stars.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite