Jason Patric seeks paternal rights after sperm donation
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA/.1 of 6
- Photo: Warner Bros/PF1/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage3 of 6
- Photo: Wonderwall4 of 6
- Photo: JM11/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Actor Jason Patric, known for his role in "The Lost Boys" and a guest-star part on "Entourage," is fighting to be recognized as the father of his ex-girlfriend Danielle Schreiber's son, Gus, after donating his sperm to her. However, Schreiber is not ready to give up her sole parental rights.
"During the course of my dating relationship with Jason, he was exposed to Gus," the actor's ex admitted to "Today" show co-host Savannah Guthrie on Monday. "Gus is my world. Anyone in my world would have contact with Gus."
Sitting beside Schreiber was her lawyer, Patty Glaser, who explained why the "facts, the law" and "common sense" are on her client's side in this case. "The law in California could not be clearer. He had an opportunity prior to the conception of this child to say, 'I want to be the dad.' He said 'no.' He not only said 'no,' he said, 'I want to keep it a secret.' And then right before the child was born, maybe four or five days before the child was born, he says it again in writing: He doesn't want to be the dad. He then comes in after the fact and by intimidation -- dad-by-intimidation -- he wants now to claim parenthood."
Schreiber was insistent during her interview that Patric has not earned the right to receive parental rights. "It's not about him having a relationship or contact with Gus. This is just about rights. ... Me preserving my right to be a sole legal parent, not having to share that with someone who has never intended to and never raised Gus, even when we were dating -- Jason never did anything to raise Gus. He never changed a single diaper."
Patric, 47, and his lawyer are set to appear on Katie Couric's talk show today to offer the actor's side of the story.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Bells
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite