Paul Walker's brothers Caleb and Cody to help complete remaining 'Fast & Furious 7' scenes
- Photo: E. Charbonneau/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: VinDiesel/Facebook2 of 10
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: Corbis4 of 10
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA6 of 10
- Photo: REX Features/Rex USA7 of 10
- Photo: @tyrese/Instagram8 of 10
- Photo: c.Paramount/Everett/Rex USA9 of 10
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
"Fast 7" will be a true family affair. The producers behind the seventh installment of the "Fast & Furious" franchise released a statement April 15, announcing that they would be completing remaining scenes featuring his character, Brian O'Conner, by enlisting the help of Paul Walker's brothers, Caleb and Cody Walker.
"'The Fast & Furious' saga is about family," begins a note on the movie's Facebook page. "Our family experienced an unthinkable shock in November. We had to take time to grieve Paul, the brother we love and lost, and to figure out if we should move on with our film."
Production on "Fast & Furious 7" was put on indefinite hold after Walker's sudden and tragic death in a fiery car crash on Nov. 30 in Santa Clarita, Calif. The film was originally slated for a July 2014 release, but the crew and cast members -- most of whom worked on the franchise for the last 13 years with the standout star -- needed time to figure out how the film would proceed.
"We came together and all felt the only choice was to continue," the Facebook note continued. "We believe our fans want that, and we believe Paul would want that too. Paul had already shot his dramatic scenes and most of his action for 'Fast & Furious 7,' and it's among the strongest work of his career."
Producers added that remaining scenes would be completed with the help of Paul's younger brothers, Caleb and Cody. "We have resumed shooting and now welcome Paul's brothers, Caleb and Cody, into our Fast family," producers announced. "Caleb and Cody are helping us complete some remaining action for their brother and fill in small gaps left in production. Having them on set has made us all feel that Paul is with us too."
(Paul died just six weeks after serving as the best man in 36-year-old Caleb's October 2013 wedding. Cody, 25, was also in the bridal party and gave a speech with Paul to honor the groom on his big day.)
"We are just under a year away from the release of 'Fast & Furious 7,'" the Facebook announcement concluded. "This film is the most important we've ever done together. It will allow the character of Brian O'Conner to live on and let us celebrate Paul in his most defining role. We wanted to take a moment to speak to our fans directly and thank you for the love and support you always show us as we resume our work."
The final movie will land in theaters on April 10, 2015.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTEmmy Parties
From Crowd Ignite